Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: the .308 Ar question

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Pretty darn good pricing over here: https://buygunstuff.com/catalogsearc...q=magpul+bipod
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Pretty darn good pricing over here: https://buygunstuff.com/catalogsearc...q=magpul+bipod
    Dang ol furlough…

Actually, the upper I was thinking about is not built yet, but thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I will say that I have had issues with the Lancer 25 round mags when the gun gets dirty; with my suppressed SR-25, it very quickly stops feeding on an empty chamber reload, as the excessive magazine spring tension causes the round to hang up halfway out the mag, both with hitting the bolt release or running the charging handle on a bolt forward reload. This is even with an extra power spring and 8.5 oz buffer, and after Lancer modified my mags for me (they clipped off one coil on the springs for me).

Great mags when my gun is freshly lubed, but with the can, the lube burns off pretty fast, so I stick with Magpuls for being loaded with duty ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Both 6.5 and .260 work well, but don't discount .308 with a 1/8 or faster twist barrel.
    Y'all please forgive my ignorance if this has already been discussed (I couldn't find anything via search). Is there anybody who makes a serviceable 6.5 Creedmoor AR10? Preferably, not in the Barrett/Knights price tier, or are they the most likely candidates to actually get it right?

Is there a such thing as a 6.5 Creedmoor pistol AR10 that's worth it, or is that just a snipe hunt?

Cheers!

When considering which .308 based AR pattern rifle to purchase, look at which ones have been successfully used in demanding military service.

A 6.5C pistol makes absolutely no sense, as it neuters the effectiveness of a mid to long range cartridge, has a lot of downsides, and offers no benefits...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Mntneer357 View Post
    Y'all please forgive my ignorance if this has already been discussed (I couldn't find anything via search). Is there anybody who makes a serviceable 6.5 Creedmoor AR10? Preferably, not in the Barrett/Knights price tier, or are they the most likely candidates to actually get it right?

Is there a such thing as a 6.5 Creedmoor pistol AR10 that's worth it, or is that just a snipe hunt?

Cheers!
    The shortest you can viably go with a 6.5CM is 14.5", I've seen some pretty neat results to 100m with that in a KAC SR-25, I'd have discounted it - but it appears powders and loads can give a 14.5" 6.5 everything a .308 can do, and more, with less recoil.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    The shortest you can viably go with a 6.5CM is 14.5", I've seen some pretty neat results to 100m with that in a KAC SR-25, I'd have discounted it - but it appears powders and loads can give a 14.5" 6.5 everything a .308 can do, and more, with less recoil.
    Are you saying that it takes reloaded ammo to make this happen, or that modern factory ammunition will do this out of the box?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Did you mean 1000m?

Name:  D494BCEC-9C95-4D77-A023-7344DF38D56F.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  32.5 KB
    Just swapped the Aimpoint off my 14.5 SR25 CC to a Leupold MK6 1-6. T2 is great for run and gun but felt it needed some magnification. Need to find time for a range trip. Old pic before the optic change.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Did you mean 1000m?
    Yes sorry - got distracted.

Still supersonic at 1000m and more energy than 7.62 loads.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

User Tag List