Page 97 of 132 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Does anyone know what the stock front sight height is?

Harrison describes theirs as being .020" taller than the stock while Wilson describes theirs as being .180" tall. Just trying to figure out if the Wilson rear is going to be happy to work with the Harrison.

Thanks!

Factory is .180. When I made my sight for the 3 inch, I used a .190 tall sight and have no problems. Harrisons should be .200 tall, if I've done my math right it shouldn't be an issue If the Wilson rear has the same amount of adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    I just ordered a set hopefully they work out. My rear sight blade is loc-tighted into position at the moment so I have no windage adjustment not to mention the tiny rear notch.
    Did you buy the U notch, or the square notch. I’ve had both on pistols, but can’t recall which I like better.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Did you buy the U notch, or the square notch. I’ve had both on pistols, but can’t recall which I like better.
    The square notch. Since I will be using it for informal PPC I want even light bars all the way down.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post

I am going to run one of each. The U will go on the 3 inch, paired with a FO front, as it is more of a defensive gun. The square on the 4 inch with a partridge front for more precise target/hunting usage. I am going to have to wait a day or few. I spent a lot ordering in grips to try for my latest gun. If I had known these were going to be released today, I would have eased off on grip buying.

The front FO sights are back ordered now, but my rear sight will be mailed out next week. Lamar from WC began laughing when I called to ask about the back order time frame, and he said they’ve been selling them all day. I never did get an answer, just more laughter. Lol

Ordered. This should pretty much address my only concern with the new Python, this rear sight looks robust enough for woods carry.

One could have guessed, once ole' Bill said how bad the sights "suck" that Wilson would be marketing a new product. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    One could have guessed, once ole' Bill said how bad the sights "suck" that Wilson would be marketing a new product. SMH

I got so fed up with the sights that I was about to take my Python to the LGS to sell it. I thought I had everything set. I had it all loctited down and the last range session it started walking anyway. I couldn't even tighten it further and it still wanted to slide all over. The sights can and will work for a short time but they aren't a long term solution in my experience. They also aren't as robust nor as user friendly as the old Python sights. You either loctite them in one position and rarely adjust them or you risk them moving constantly. Real adjustable sights can be adjusted positively and simply and will hold their position without glue.

Anyway, I ordered a set and took my old sights off. Eagerly awaiting arrival. If this had come out a week later I might not have a new Python to put them on.

To me, I don't think Wilson is trying to create a market and cash in. Colt created a market demand and Wilson is filling it with what I expect will be a solid product.

I'll admit bias. I like Wilson products. I think their magazines are overrated but generally their pistols are solid as is their custom work. I haven't kept every Wilson gun I've ever owned but the ones I still own are some of the best pistols I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I was at the range earlier this week, and wanted to move my rear sight to the right. The set screw had a teeny amount of Loctite, and I almost stripped the the Allen wrench or screw. I did try adjusting the windage without loosening the set screw, but that didn’t work. Essentially, the WC rear sight allows the shooter a one step adjustment, rather than two. That alone is worth the price.

Hip Hip HooRay for anyone, Harrison and or Wilson or anyone else who makes the Python shine in accuracy. I love Pythons but I really miss the original sight. Thanks to "real need and demand" fellows have stepped up to the plate to provide what's needed. CZ needs to address this problem, whether it's just Python or whatever platform it appears on.

User Tag List