Page 96 of 132 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

I'm currently trying the following combination of Altamont Classic grips and a bkgrip adapter. I haven't live fired it yet but for my smaller hands I'm not wrestling the gun into position like I was before.

Name:  IMG_20221019_102556405.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  33.1 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Arms Unlimited is solid. I’ve bought guns from them before with absolutely no issues. They’re an LE dealer for several brands.
    Their website is offline.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Their website is offline.
    It’s working for me.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCQB1911 View Post
    I'm currently trying the following combination of Altamont Classic grips and a bkgrip adapter. I haven't live fired it yet but for my smaller hands I'm not wrestling the gun into position like I was before.

Name:  IMG_20221019_102556405.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  33.1 KB
    How is the fit in conjunction with the Altamonts?

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    How is the fit in conjunction with the Altamonts?

It fits as it should. I'm not an expert on these things but I can't see any gaps or areas where the fit is poor. I talked with the owner of bkgrips and sent pics and according to him the fit is as it should be.

I fired 100 rounds with it yesterday. No movement or hotspots or problems. I was able to get more of a crush grip thanks to the smaller grip circumference. For me it's a real solution. At least until someone comes out with a rubber grip of a similar size.

Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCQB1911 View Post
    It fits as it should. I'm not an expert on these things but I can't see any gaps or areas where the fit is poor. I talked with the owner of bkgrips and sent pics and according to him the fit is as it should be.

I fired 100 rounds with it yesterday. No movement or hotspots or problems. I was able to get more of a crush grip thanks to the smaller grip circumference. For me it's a real solution. At least until someone comes out with a rubber grip of a similar size.
    Mine just arrived and it’s exactly what I hoped the Pachmayr was going to be. No wobble at all with the Altamont panel grips. Thanks for the heads up on them!

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    Mine just arrived and it’s exactly what I hoped the Pachmayr was going to be. No wobble at all with the Altamont panel grips. Thanks for the heads up on them!

Looks perfect on the 3" too

I was wondering how long it would take Bill Wilson to jump on this opportunity. I don’t have any complaints about the Python sights, but some people do. The cynic in me wants to say Bill Wilson exaggerated the issue a bit…

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I was wondering how long it would take Bill Wilson to jump on this opportunity. I don’t have any complaints about the Python sights, but some people do. The cynic in me wants to say Bill Wilson exaggerated the issue a bit…
    I just ordered a set hopefully they work out. My rear sight blade is loc-tighted into position at the moment so I have no windage adjustment not to mention the tiny rear notch.
    Adam

Does anyone know what the stock front sight height is?

Harrison describes theirs as being .020" taller than the stock while Wilson describes theirs as being .180" tall. Just trying to figure out if the Wilson rear is going to be happy to work with the Harrison.

Thanks!

ETA: According to Wilson, the stock sight is .180", something I just noticed on rereading the entry for their front sights.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 11-03-2022 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Found the answer.

User Tag List