Page 95 of 132 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Site Supporter

Ammo carry options

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    My Milt Sparks rig for the Python arrived today. The delivery time was about 5 months. Workmanship appears impeccable, as expected.

Attachment 92139

Attachment 92140

Attachment 92141
    My rig from Milt Sparks came with their speed strip pouch - not featured on their web site: https://www.miltsparks.com/. It is designed for the Bianchi Speed Strip: https://safariland.com/products/speed-strips-pair-10851. The Bianchi holds 6 38/357 rounds. The Milt Sparks pouch holds the speed strip vertically, taking less room on the belt.

I just received a Most Versatile Ammo Pouch from Simply Rugged: https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...170&parent=671. This pouch uses the Tuff Quickstrips: https://tuffproducts.com/7002-quickstrips-black-2-set/. The Quickstrips have room for 8 rounds - or 6 rounds with 2 empty slots to ease manipulation. The Simply Rugged does occupy more room on the belt. Delivery was quick - about 3 weeks. Quality seems excellent.

Options are good!

Milt Sparks on left and Simply Rugged on right.

Name:  20221001_173044.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  99.8 KB

Name:  20221001_173129.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  95.9 KB

Now that's a beautiful holster for your Python. Well worth the 5 month wait!!

What a super sharp outfit, that leather really compliments the Python! Wear and use in good health.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    My Milt Sparks rig for the Python arrived today. The delivery time was about 5 months. Workmanship appears impeccable, as expected.

Attachment 92139

Attachment 92140

Attachment 92141
    That looks a lot nicer than my recent holster from Kramer.

Will your hammer rotate the cylinder when it's holstered?

I feel like mine was made for a 681 and not a m65

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

The fit is great. I haven't tried to rotate the cylinder while holstered. My guess is "no way".

My 3” Colt Python is supposed to arrive at the local Sportsmans Warehouse tomorrow. All I need is a reason to pick it up. I sold all of my heavy iron, and I’m carrying a Colt KC Carry along with a M642.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

It's interesting that you say that. My BHP scabbard from Kramer is perfect, but the Commander one I ordered next doesn't hold nearly as snugly as I'd like. I sent it back once to be tightened up, and it came back with no real difference. I need to resend it.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Arms Unlimited has the 4" Pythons for $199 below MSRP and the 3" for $49 below MSRP.

I don't know anything about those guys, I've never had any dealings with them.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

I don't know anything about those guys, I've never had any dealings with them.
    Shop with confidence. They’re legit in my dealings & no issues.

Arms Unlimited is solid. I’ve bought guns from them before with absolutely no issues. They’re an LE dealer for several brands.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List