Page 79 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    S&W revolver QC is beginning to suck enough that even Bill Jordan would probably go with a Colt.
    Based on a sample size of one, I'm inclined to agree.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Based on a sample size of one, I'm inclined to agree.
    I'm going to white knight modern k frames and disagree

I'm kinda looking for a 4" one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    I have asked both Kensight and Bowen about replacements. Neither expressed interest.
    Well, Heffron Precision had a conversation with Kensight about this matter. Scroll down to the 1/19/2021 entry (pretty sure it’s a typo as it’s the most recent post)

https://www.heffronprecision.com/blog

Nice. He told me about the Allchin base, that one is a ways out. My email to Kensight has not yet seen a response, but apparently Mike got through and that makes me happy.

If anyone’s been waiting, the Colt tritium front is back in stock at Brownells.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...97-228116.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    3-inch currently in stock at Arms Unlimited, if you're OK paying $500 over MSRP.
    I set alerts on Gun.Deals for 3" Python SKU at $1499 or less. Since announcement of 3" Pythons, I've received 3 alerts that they are available for MSRP or a tad bit below. They're going quick, but not that quick. At least twice I've seen the link an hour after it was sent and they were still in stock.

Patience is a virtue, no need to pay over MSRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    Well, Heffron Precision had a conversation with Kensight about this matter. Scroll down to the 1/19/2021 entry (pretty sure it’s a typo as it’s the most recent post)

https://www.heffronprecision.com/blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    Nice. He told me about the Allchin base, that one is a ways out. My email to Kensight has not yet seen a response, but apparently Mike got through and that makes me happy.
    I don't know this seems like the kind of thing where it really would be easier to laser surface scan a dozen existing rear sights and build an averaged model of the sights to then know the approximate tolerance range. Then run off a small prototype number and offer them as at-cost price beta testers to guys with Pythons for further development (I know we don't like to 'beta test on customers' but Kensight isn't going to buy a hundred Pythons to test sights on...).

All the tools exist to do this work in a few days or a couple of weeks at most. It's faster than getting Colt to give you blueprints...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I don't know this seems like the kind of thing where it really would be easier to laser surface scan a dozen existing rear sights and build an averaged model of the sights to then know the approximate tolerance range. Then run off a small prototype number and offer them as at-cost price beta testers to guys with Pythons for further development (I know we don't like to 'beta test on customers' but Kensight isn't going to buy a hundred Pythons to test sights on...).

All the tools exist to do this work in a few days or a couple of weeks at most. It's faster than getting Colt to give you blueprints...
    Was wondering something similar; except that instead of looking at the jobbed out sights, which are reportedly "all over the place" dimensionally, looking at a few Python frames. Colt's is supposedly holding remarkable tolerances on the in-house work.

It would seem to be in Colt's best interest to encourage quality aftermarket parts. Facilitate minor mods that address a variety of user preferences, and in theory that sells more revolvers in the long run. Providing a drawing for the sights shouldn't be very difficult.

Completely unrelated: I put another 60 rounds downrange tonight, this is rapidly becoming my favorite range toy. 148gr HBWC with the old 2.7gr Bullseye load are scary accurate out of the 1:14 twist Python barrel, and hardly any recoil. Weird thing is, it's as easy to shoot well double action as single action because of the smooth DA trigger. I could shoot this thing all night and have fun doing it (if I could replenish those primers).

I just ordered my 3" through Sportsmans Warehouse. I had a 10% off e-coupon, out the door for $1444. Now I wait, pick up is Feb 14.

User Tag List