Page 68 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

The (charcoal color, mid-weight wool) jacket was originally tailored to hide a 3 o’clock 1911 in an Alessi CQC-S. In this case, the Python was at closer to 2:30 in a DeSantis Speed Scabbard, with two DeSantis Second Six speedloader holders on either side of the holster, mounted on my custom Alessi concealment belt (which is 1.5” cut to a 1” dress taper in the front). I’m 6’ and 185# with a 34 waist and 46 chest. While speaking on stage for the group (no podium), I had the jacket unbuttoned.

There were a few photos taken at the event and there is absolutely no hint of the items I was carrying.

Site Supporter

Update

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Attachment 80505

The replacement fiber optic front sight arrived today from Brownells. Delivery time was about 3 weeks. Replacing the OEM red ramp is a simple process requiring a .050 allen and some blue thread locker. POI change TBD shortly.
    I emailed Marble on 11/27/2021 with the above photo clearly showing the fiber optic is too short. No response.

I also emailed Dawson. Their reply states: "Check with us in January when we reopen our Custom Sight shop. We can have you send in the sight to see if we can duplicate it. Jay"

Stand by...

I emailed Marble on 11/27/2021 with the above photo clearly showing the fiber optic is too short. No response.

I also emailed Dawson. Their reply states: "Check with us in January when we reopen our Custom Sight shop. We can have you send in the sight to see if we can duplicate it. Jay"

Stand by...
    A fiber optic front, made at the correct height, by Dawson, would be a nice addition. Here's hoping they can follow through.

Stand by...

Up until this moment, I didn't know Dawson would do that. I wonder if they could make a shorter tritium front sight for the Smith 640 Pro? Smith in its infinite wisdom regulated those guns to full power 158 grain .357 magnum loads and everything else shoots low.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

On the LGS countertop during DROS earlier today:

Name:  IMG_4344.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  45.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_4345.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  43.7 KB

Curious bit of info, the counter guy was surprised that I asked for the four inch, he said almost everyone was asking for the six inch. To the point that I got mine for MSRP, and the longer barrel variant was marked up a little above that.

Now to not so patiently wait 10 days to pick it up, because California.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    A few more pictures.

Left side to show how much was removed for speed loader clearance and a couple with the speed loader pouch.
    Who made that speedloader pouch? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Who made that speedloader pouch? Thanks!
    Doc Barranti

https://barrantileather.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    On the LGS countertop during DROS earlier today:

Name:  IMG_4344.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  45.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_4345.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  43.7 KB

Curious bit of info, the counter guy was surprised that I asked for the four inch, he said almost everyone was asking for the six inch. To the point that I got mine for MSRP, and the longer barrel variant was marked up a little above that.

Now to not so patiently wait 10 days to pick it up, because California.
    They finally made it down to MSRP. Glorious day for those who waited. How long did that take, 2 years?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    They finally made it down to MSRP. Glorious day for those who waited. How long did that take, 2 years?
    I was fortunate to have bought both of mine AT MSRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Still plenty of them being sold well above- but this is a reflection of the general trends in pricing for both guns and ammunition over the past few weeks. Improving, in a broad sense.

Still nowhere near the old normal, when firearm MSRP was generally well above actual street prices.

User Tag List