Page 4 of 132 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Can you please explain, in legalese, why they won't be rid of it?

Since they offer the lock in basically none of their semi autos, and they offer some revolvers without locks, what possible reason could there be against eliminating them completely? Or at least leave it as an "option" that we know pretty much no one is going to order?
    I don't know if there's a confidential settlement requiring them. I don't know if S&W wants the publicity of the Bloombergians/Bradyites yammering about "Smith & Wesson deleted a safety lock, think of the children, jibber jabber".
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Can you please explain, in legalese, why they won't be rid of it?

Since they offer the lock in basically none of their semi autos, and they offer some revolvers without locks, what possible reason could there be against eliminating them completely? Or at least leave it as an "option" that we know pretty much no one is going to order?
    I don't know if there's a confidential settlement requiring them. I don't know if S&W wants the publicity of the Bloombergians/Bradyites yammering about "Smith & Wesson deleted a safety lock, think of the children, jibber jabber".

But jeebus, haven't we beaten this particular dead horse enough?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Apparently not. My safe is light 2 or 3 Classic models simply because they won't quit putting an extra hole in them.

Seriously. I want to know more about the new Python, not the 20+ year old S&W lock.

(I'd really like a Smython, though.)
    Saw this one on the 1911 board.
    The OP has since taken down the link, perhaps because people questioned the logic of such an expensive project. It seems that most gunboards tolerate nothing but unalloyed admiration for whatever comes along.
    I saved his site; he does nice work and one expensive revolver is the least of it.
    https://vicknairgunsmithing.blogspot...Pistolsmithing

I don't know where to find more about the New Python, all I know is drawn from examining pictures like Post #19.
    Hang on another month, I am sure it will show up at SHOT and maybe even get fired at Range Day.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

(I'd really like a Smython, though.)
    If anyone in Colt's management team understood the reference, they could have just made old school quality Python barrels and bought surplus S&Ws to stick them in.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    can the Anaconda be far behind?
    If it isn’t, I don’t want none.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Saw this one on the 1911 board.
    The OP has since taken down the link, perhaps because people questioned the logic of such an expensive project. It seems that most gunboards tolerate nothing but unalloyed admiration for whatever comes along.
    I saved his site; he does nice work and one expensive revolver is the least of it.
    https://vicknairgunsmithing.blogspot...Pistolsmithing

I don't know where to find more about the New Python, all I know is drawn from examining pictures like Post #19.
    Hang on another month, I am sure it will show up at SHOT and maybe even get fired at Range Day.
    Dude, that guy is as talented as Ham Bowen...seriously.

Will put it on the list when a 4” stainless comes out. I hope these are a home run. Glad they priced them within reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Maybe the new Python won't be as butt-ugly as the old Python. That revolver has some of the worst lines of any revolver on the market.

Chris
    That is just wrong. You sir should feel bad

User Tag List