Page 38 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    This is by far the prettiest gun I have been paid to ruin
    After watching your video, I am very interested in the durability during your test. You made a good point about the value of the gun as compared to the price based on your observations so far.

HK makes some Python specific speedloaders. Perhaps those would work better?

I am disappointed that the factory grips did not accommodate the speedloader. I do not understand anyone who makes grips for a revolver failing to take this simple issue into account.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    This is by far the prettiest gun I have been paid to ruin
    The trigger weights you are getting are insane.

Where are we with the actual manufacturing bits. Is it still assumed that this is "made in the USA" by "a vendor" and simply assembled in Hartford?

Assuming Colt has solved its non-revolving revolver problem, while it's fun to see a before-and-after 2000 rounds shoot-em-up, any modern revolver will do that. Measuring critical clearances like headspace, endshake and barrel-to-cylinder gap first, as well as inspecting the internals, forcing cone, and carry-up, then revisiting same after the 2000 rounds would yield more useful information.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The trigger weights you are getting are insane.

I'm pretty that trigger gauge is off, but you really need the revolver secured in a vice to get a truly accurate read, anyway. My understanding is to get a S&W revolver down to an honest 4lbs trigger pull in double-action requires every trick in the book and more than a little pixie dust, too, if you want to still ignite primers -- and those primers will be the softest made in a hand-rolled load it took a long time to figure out and it's the only load that gun'll shoot. Not a typical set-up for a carry gun.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    My understanding is to get a S&W revolver down to an honest 4lbs trigger pull in double-action requires every trick in the book and more than a little pixie dust, too, if you want to still ignite primers -- and those primers will be the softest made
    Yeah, once you dip down to sub-10lbs most reputable revolver smiths are now well into "this will only work with crush-fit Federal primers" territory. Especially on modern FMFP S&Ws.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Yeah, once you dip down to sub-10lbs most reputable revolver smiths are now well into "this will only work with crush-fit Federal primers" territory. Especially on modern FMFP S&Ws.
    My m66 is at 8lbs and will fire everything

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    My m66 is at 8lbs and will fire everything
    Then you either have a unicorn or a wonky trigger pull gauge

edit: to be less cheeky and more serious, how are you measuring the trigger pull? What is the muzzle orientation?

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Then you either have a unicorn or a wonky trigger pull gauge

edit: to be less cheeky and more serious, how are you measuring the trigger pull? What is the muzzle orientation?
    Clamped in a vice horizontal with a lyman gauge while working at a range.

I like bbq sauce on my unicorn

Clamped in a vice horizontal with a lyman gauge while working at a range.

I like bbq sauce on my unicorn
    Don't sell it.

...or eat it.

Hopefully 2000 rounds doesn't do that
    I’m less worried about the round count than I am my alien sweat dissolving the finish

User Tag List