Page 30 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Site Supporter
    Why would Colt (and Ruger, and S&W) put out something new that isn't sorted out? Because they can get away with it. I've been a frequent visitor on the S&W Forum and folks there will tell you not to worry about light primer strikes, tool marks in the rifling & muzzle, and my favorite, crooked barrels. Just sent it "to the mother ship" and the folks in Springfield will make it right.

If you complain about S&W's QC they will go back to the legendary Triple-lock and tell you it wasn't reliable, according to the British, so Smith (guess they didn't have their "mother ship" back then) introduced the 2nd Model Hand Ejector. You can find comparable drivel on the Ruger forum. Ruger will fix it and faster than Smith & Wesson.

Today's consumer (including us gun buyers) have been and are being trained to not expect much out of manufactured products. In the case of guns, most buyers won't shoot them all that much and in many cases aren't savvy enough to realize things like out of alignment barrels are a problem. Their buddy Joe shows them how to crank the rear sight over and they're good to go. To the gun makers this amounts to a satisfied customer. As for the complainers, they will send the guns back and if their lucky get it fixed or if not, declared "in spec" and returned. And finally there's those like me who get disgusted with the crap, sell what doesn't work and buy used stuff that does.

Someone else can get on this soap box now. My old, broken ass is about to bust through it anyway. (LOL)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Haven't watched either video yet, but I know for certain I can get both my 1978 vintage Python and older DS to not rotate the cylinder by short stroking it and they are both pristine, unbroken and no appreciable wear. I'd bet he's short stroking it.

As for his ammo, he stated it was what he could get at the time. It was also 100% imported ammo. Like I said, I'd like to see what the big 4 American company's ammo did in it.
    I watched the Hickok 45 video, and he was thumb cocking the revolver and had no contact with the trigger. The video showed the cylinder did not turn. He repeated it a few times and then the cylinder starting turning. I could not see if the bolt was unlocking (dropping) as the video was from the right rear (as the shooter sees it).

Ironically, even if Colt figures out it's cylinder/hand issues, I found the deal breaker for me in terms of the new Python, in the video's close up of the gun. It's the relatively wide serrated trigger. The serrated trigger on my 'classic' Python is it's single most irritating feature. Fine for a single action target revolver but horrible for those who shoot double action with their first distal joint.
    Real guns have hammers.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scal View Post
    I am now reading that the Colt rep on the Colt forum may be an imposter. I have no idea why someone would go to that trouble, but hopefully Colt will actually get things sorted out in due time.
    Color me gullible.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Color me gullible.
    Until someone else who was in the industry busted the fake Colt rep, I thought it was legitimate, too. There weren’t any terribly obvious signs it was a fake, and I guess that my assumption that no one would bother taking the time to fake it was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Scal View Post
    Until someone else who was in the industry busted the fake Colt rep, I thought it was legitimate, too. There weren’t any terribly obvious signs it was a fake, and I guess that my assumption that no one would bother taking the time to fake it was wrong.
    Link?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Link?
    Head over to the Colt forum, get thee to the 2020 Python thread and start at page 90...
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Link?
    https://www.coltforum.com/forums/pyt...2020-a-91.html

Starts here, goes for 10-12 pages. Less exciting than you might hope.

edited to fix link...sorry.
    Last edited by fly out; 01-13-2020 at 09:32 PM.

The imposter is outed at post #994.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    Ironically, even if Colt figures out it's cylinder/hand issues, I found the deal breaker for me in terms of the new Python, in the video's close up of the gun. It's the relatively wide serrated trigger. The serrated trigger on my 'classic' Python is it's single most irritating feature. Fine for a single action target revolver but horrible for those who shoot double action with their first distal joint.
    Agreed, I hate serrated triggers especially shooting DA. If I get one of these I'm going to need to pick up an extra trigger and smooth it. I wonder how easy it will be to get parts like that from Colt.

User Tag List