Page 27 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Site Supporter

Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Not disagreeing -- genuinely wanting to have the goods on the new Python, about which detailed information is still scarce: how do you know with certainty Colt used MIM, and do you know which parts?

(Pro MIM here, for the record..)
    Colt didn’t use mim parts for the hammer and tigger. The rebound is mim and other small parts. There is a post from a guy with detailed information that listed what parts are mim and forged. I don’t remember the list and sense the post is in a thread with over 850 posts, I’m unable locate it. Gosh there is so many new python threads on the colt forum I can’t keep up with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by serialsolver; 01-10-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    False. QC makes sure your manufacturing process is within bounds and STAYS within bounds as machinery and tooling wears, shifts change, suppliers change, and a million other things that are outside of the "ideally" world.
    That depends on the internal organization's roles and responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    Colt didn’t use mim parts for the hammer and tigger. The rebound is mim and other small parts. There is a post from a guy with detailed information that listed what parts are mim and forged. I don’t remember the list and sense the post is in a thread with over 850 posts, I’m unable locate it. Gosh there is so many new python threads on the colt forum I can’t keep up with them.
    That's interesting, though not entirely unusual.

The trigger on the Cobra (and presumably its variations) is definitely MIM. The mold ejector pin marks give that away. That doesn't necessarily mean the MIM vs forged vs machined from billet mix is the same on other Colt revolvers.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    Gosh there is so many new python threads on the colt forum I can’t keep up with them.
    No shit to that. But one did say that Colt is commencing making the 4.25" Pythons next week.

I have a suspicion I know what I'm getting myself for my birthday........
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    That depends on the internal organization's roles and responsibilities.
    Quality Control is in the hands of the folks who actually make the product. If they have no QC, the product has no quality.

If manufacturing had perfect quality control, there would be no need for Quality Assurance.

I'm hopeful this is the start of a resurgence of revolvers in general and Colt in particular. If Colt introduces a new model Anaconda in 45 Colt, I'm in!
    Last edited by MistWolf; 01-10-2020 at 11:13 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

This guy has been posting numerous Colt Python videos and finally got his - experiencing light primer strikers and cylinder not turning on trigger pull:

It seems like his Blazer ammo fired every time. I'd like to see him repeat his test with Federal ammo. I'll bet he wouldn't have a light primer strike. I wonder if Colt is choosing to go with a lighter action out of the box or if the gun needs work? A lighter action would be a bad choice if videos like this one keep coming out.
    Real guns have hammers.

Looks like he is short stroking the trigger and not allowing it to reset.

Site Supporter
    Colt had to change the transfer bar cause of some hard primers in certain ammo brands. The change was supposed to be done before the release. I bet this early released python didn’t get the upgrade or recall, what ever you want to call it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Exactly why one should not pay $2000 to be a beta tester.

They will get the issues solved. In the meantime... Makes you wonder how much pressure there was to get this thing out by SHOT.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List