Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Maybe the new Python won't be as butt-ugly as the old Python. That revolver has some of the worst lines of any revolver on the market.

Chris
    I mean this with much love and respect, brother:

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Maybe the new Python won't be as butt-ugly as the old Python. That revolver has some of the worst lines of any revolver on the market.

Chris
    Fightin' words.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post

My LNGS had a pair of lovely 2.5" Pythons which were beautiful, but not worth the $7000 tag for either IMO by a country mile. At that price, I could buy a Korth AND a mr73. Or a few Registered Magnums, or a few Triple Locks.....
    Two - two Registered Magnums...maybe. Last one I saw for sale was $6500.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 12-27-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The "lawyer lock" isn't going away. Maybe if S&W went out of business and sold its assets to another company ("The New Smith & Wesson Co."), kind of like Piper Aircraft did, then the lock might be discarded.

Of course, that'd also mean that NS&W Co. wouldn't be doing warranty service on any of the current guns out there, but you pays your money and you makes your choice.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 12-27-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Of course, that'd also mean that NS&W Co. wouldn't be doing warranty service on any of the current guns out there, but you pays your money and you makes your choice.
    You appear to be saying that as if there were quality warranty service to be had now.

Every S&W revolver with the lock is an abomination, and needs to be cast back into the forging fires of Mordor, no matter how much the hobbitses like their crush fit precious. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    Bite your tongue! The Python was the most beautiful revolver ever made! Double action does stack really badly though.
    I shoot DA revolvers DA, so if the DA pull isn't good, why bother?
    The finish is nice, but the physical lines don't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I mean this with much love and respect, brother:

I LOLed. Thing 1 asked me what was so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Fightin' words.
    Get in line.

Sorry folks, I can't get over the barrel rib and grip shape. The blued finish is fantastic and I'm sure it's accurate, but I don't like the shape. If gifted one, I'd probably sell it and buy the nicest N-frame I could find and a case or two of ammo.

Chris

Sorry folks, I can't get over the barrel rib and grip shape. The blued finish is fantastic and I'm sure it's accurate, but I don't like the shape. If gifted one, I'd probably sell it and buy the nicest N-frame I could find and a case or two of ammo.

Chris
    Until you accept that you are incorrect and make a public apology acknowledging your mistake - you are Black Cylindered from the Revolver Club.

Site Supporter
    Supposedly there are a couple thousand made and ready to ship. Don't know what it looks like, but supposed to have King Cobra like modern lockwork. SHOT should be the place to see.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

The new python is supposed to be released 1-2-2020.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Photos are starting to leak over on the Colt forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I'd bet a six pack that the new Python (if it does come to fruition) does NOT have a friggin hole in the side for some silly little key. Hell at least Ruger made them not be an issue or visible, you actually have to drill a hole in the grips to access it if it's even there. S&W is terminally pussy whipped if they ain't got the balls to make things right.

User Tag List