Page 112 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1318

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

I would really like an aluminum Cobra and a .45 Colt Anaconda. I would normally not have much hope but given what all Colt has introduced over the last 6 years just maybe……

Thanks to Frank B I’ve joined the bandwagon. I love everything about the gun but the stocks are kicking my butt. The gun slams into the joints at the base of my thumb and index finger, and there’s enough movement to make it progressively more painful through the course of a string. They also don’t want me to find a comfortable position for my support hand. For reference I have small hands, with little flesh, and I’m trying to use a grip that locks the shooting hand’s thumb down.

While I worry about my hand size I feel like I’ll need to try closed-back Hogue’s or pachs. .
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Thanks to Frank B I’ve joined the bandwagon. I love everything about the gun but the stocks are kicking my butt. The gun slams into the joints at the base of my thumb and index finger, and there’s enough movement to make it progressively more painful through the course of a string. They also don’t want me to find a comfortable position for my support hand. For reference I have small hands, with little flesh, and I’m trying to use a grip that locks the shooting hand’s thumb down.

While I worry about my hand size I feel like I’ll need to try closed-back Hogue’s or pachs. .
    Good to hear…somewhat. I’ve been wrapping my support hand thumb around the top of my dominant hand. I really can’t ever remember using the thumb tips together grip with a revolver, but I have large hands. The pic below is not how I would hold a semiauto, but that’s what was on my waist.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  35.9 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Try these
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Try these
    they are on the way from Midway.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Ignore Alien Orders

I have 3 models of Pachs, Full size Presentations, open back grippers and closed back grippers. The grippers are the same dimensions and only change the reach to the trigger. Measuring trigger reach with calipers, center of the trigger and parallel with the barrel. Closed 3.615. Open 3.390 this is from trigger to frame and the factory grips measure the same. Presentations are huge 3.685. I have xxl hands with short fat fingers that makes glove buying a bitch. I prefer the open back grippers with the finger grooves removed on my 3 inch.

They used to make small Presentations but the only set I found was in bad shape, crumbling, and I could not use them. I really wish they would bring those back. I have a set of Rogers that I almost like, I could make them better with a dremel and get rid of the finger grooves. I haven't got that needy, yet

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Odds of an actual carbon steel Colt are very low indeed, but a durable black DLC finish on existing stainless models is a different matter.
    Agreed. I’m on record here somewhere, betting on a “night python” down the road. That’s just low-hanging fruit for Coltmfg, right there.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Did Altamont discontinue a bunch of Python grips? Oh well.

Anyway, it still annoys me that Colt has the dot-marix code visable on the right side of the gun. It's a strange seeing a revolver design from the 60s with something so anachronistic engraved on it. (Meanwhile, Kimber hides the dox-martix code under the grip panels.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wooosh View Post
    Did Altamont discontinue a bunch of Python grips? Oh well.
    I don't know, but I do know their www site has acted funky for me, and there is a switch that will only display what is in stock. It was a little hard to find.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User Tag List