Page 42 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Friendly reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Yes. Please. Let’s be nice.

Neither Colt nor S&W factory grips, on current DA revolvers, are worth a doodle-‘em squat to my hands, so arguing about speed-loading, and which is a better value, is moot, to me. My favorite speed-loader is a second/third gun, anyway. (I do like the old-school S&W Magna grips, even without a grip adapter* in place, but I doubt those are still being installed on any current revolvers.)

If I want to use original Colt factory grips, I’ll shoot an SAA, as they fit just fine, especially the ones with the molded-on eagle emblems. Kinda hard to find speed-loaders that fit the SAA, however.

Of course, I have a personal bias, favoring Ruger GP100 and SP101 original-pattern factory grips. The designer of those grips may be a long-lost twin, from whom I was mysteriously separated at birth. I think that he designed the Ruger No. 1 stock, too.

*I have mixed feelings about grip adapters. They solve one problem, but, at least in my hands, cause another problem.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    I didn't realize anyone wasn't being nice. We are expressing our different opinions, which does not constitute being "not nice". You know, like on a discussion board. (smiley face goes here)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    How are the stocks?

The old Python's stocks flared out at the bottom and made control of the gun harder than it needed to be when going double action (everyone was making that sort of stock back in the day, so it's not a Colt specific thing). I've only seen pics and videos of the new one and it looks similar but I can't ell.
    They're not great for DA shooting. They tend to roll the gun up into your hand under recoil, like a Colt SAA does. They are very well made for shooting single action.

They are adequately relieved for HKS speed loaders and Comp-IIs

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    They're not great for DA shooting. They tend to roll the gun up into your hand under recoil, like a Colt SAA does. They are very well made for shooting single action.

They are adequately relieved for HKS speed loaders and Comp-IIs
    So you would recommend putting some better stocks on it for good DA shooting? If so, who makes good stocks for the python nowadays?
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    So you would recommend putting some better stocks on it for good DA shooting? If so, who makes good stocks for the python nowadays?
    If the grip frame is the same as the original Python, Hogue wood stocks work well on my Official Police.

Not necessarily. The easiest fix is to clamp down with righteous pinky pressure with your support hand. That locks the gun in place pretty well.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

The CZ Python?

CZ bought Colt's holding company.

I can't say that it matters much to me. I don't see how the Czechs can run Colt much worse than the parade of morons who have managed the place since the 1940s (or earlier).
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    My understanding is CZ runs a good company. My question is, given that I read on another forum CZ stopped production of the Dan Wesson revolver, will they have any interest in continuing Colt's DA revolver line? Will they have any interest in continuing production of that American icon, the Colt SAA? Inquiring minds want to know!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    My understanding is CZ runs a good company. My question is, given that I read on another forum CZ stopped production of the Dan Wesson revolver, will they have any interest in continuing Colt's DA revolver line? Will they have any interest in continuing production of that American icon, the Colt SAA? Inquiring minds want to know!

Dave
    CZ re-killed the DW 715 after bringing it back because no one bought it. People are buying the new Python because it says "Python" on it and it doesn't suck.

User Tag List