Page 122 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1318

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

I guess I got a good one . Now over 1300 rounds of both .38 and .357 and it’s been 100% and that’s with mostly double action.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Unfortunately my Python has developed the bad habit of the cylinder jumping past the cylinder stop and the trigger failing to reset when the trigger is run too quickly.

The bar on what defines "too quickly" lowers with each occurrence. I guess it's time to send it back to Colt.

I found pictures of the insides of the new Python, the cylinder locking bolt looks very much like S&W cylinder locking bolts. A new or stronger cylinder locking bolt spring may help it.

https://www.coltforum.com/threads/py...372217&slide=6
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I joined the club today. Called my LGS and a 4.25” is on the way. Just finished reading the last 10 pages
    and ordered the Wilson sights. I was tempted to drive up as they are less than 2 hours away.
    I bought a new 6” Python @ 1972, but it is long gone.
    Once this is here, I’ll compare it to my 14s and 15s.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I found pictures of the insides of the new Python, the cylinder locking bolt looks very much like S&W cylinder locking bolts. A new or stronger cylinder locking bolt spring may help it.

https://www.coltforum.com/threads/py...372217&slide=6
    It's a good guess, but I'm not as comfortable working on the internals of a Colt as I am S&W. I think I'll let the factory handle it.
    3/15/2016

My Python is home. Scanned the barcode and it is June production. Looks good and feels good in hand.
    SA averaged 6.7 Lbs. DA 10.5. Rear sight had drifted right, so centered it up and locked down the tiny
    screw to hold it in place.
    Ran a few dry patches and dry fired @ 100 times. Tomorrow the Wilson sights arrive. I’ll take a look with
    my borescope then put a few on steel. Very happy so far.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Picked up an old set of camoflauge Pachmayr grips for my 3" Python. Makes for a slow feeling gun but takes all the sting out of recoil and they do look cool. I think they'd balance much better with a 5" or 6" barrel.

I handled a 5” Python today, very tempting

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Oh Gross! Isn’t the whole Python mystic its curb appeal? I’d just buy a blem if I needed to save money. Waiting for me to inevitably to sell one is another idea, but that’s not happening anytime soon. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Hmm... can you mimic parkerizing on stainless in some fashion? Like, maybe matte cerakote on top of bead blasted stainless? Would the texture be close?

Part of me would be amused by creating a metal-polishers-strike Colt like the park'd Agents and Peacekeepers they did back in the early 80s. Only with a Python. Because heresy.

from

to

Name:  pix760863703.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  26.3 KB

User Tag List