Page 36 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I suppose the good thing about the Pythons not being under the glass in the stores is that I've managed to work through the impulse to buy one.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

CWM11B
    Gonna be a pass for me

Site Supporter
    So did Colt ever get these things straightened out?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    So did Colt ever get these things straightened out?
    The following video is from February and I don't know if it resolved all of the problems since I haven't come across anything new on the matter. However, in this virus time, that means nothing.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Saw this thread revived and hoped there was, preferably good, news. Sigh. Maybe that TALO GP100 Match Champion is a better choice, for now, until the 4.25” Pythons are more available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Saw this thread revived and hoped there was, preferably good, news. Sigh. Maybe that TALO GP100 Match Champion is a better choice, for now, until the 4.25” Pythons are more available.
    I paid $525 brand new for my plain jane GP100 in October of 2018. A couple thousand rounds later, it is still tighter than a tick and the trigger is really nice.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Saw one of these at my LGS. I liked its looks, but didn't get a chance to dry fire. After reading this thread, not sure I'm ready to purchase one.

A store in another town has an older blued one on gunbroker, but it's a 6 inch, and I prefer the shorter one.

Anyone has anything new about them?

I'm still mightily tempted.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

The one I saw last Sunday was very fine.
    I was shooting my 1979 and there was little to choose from between them.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I'm still mightily tempted.
    Me too, I have sold a large number of guns during this panic and that money is burning a whole in my "I want" pocket, this is on that list. No good reason other an want/cool/nostalgic. But I have not even seen one yet, much less shot one.

User Tag List