Page 129 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1318

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    When Hal Holbrook’s car blew up, I was mourning the poor Python.
    A man's got to know his limitations, after all...

Site Supporter
    Got an email from Sportsmans Warehouse this morning with the price on the 6 inch blued Python. They had it listed at $1599.99. I am guessing that price might come down a bit after awhile but its hard to say. I know that I have seen the 3 inch and 2.5 inch ones go for a bit more than the 4.25 and 6 so we might see a street price of 1699.00 or 1799.99 on those models, but is better than the $1999.99 price that most were guessing.

The consumer Blue Python has two ribs:

Name:  IMG_6807.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  25.9 KB

Do we know yet if/when there will be a 6" blued gun?

Edit: Just saw this:
    Got an email from Sportsmans Warehouse this morning with the price on the 6 inch blued Python...

So it looks like the blued guns may be a bit more than the unattractive stainless guns. Factoring in the cost of Rustolium spray paint and primer to make a stainless gun look better, it seems a bit high, but Im sure the result will be more pleasing, and no worry about wearing through the paint to expose the yellow primer.
    Last edited by Malamute; 01-24-2024 at 02:50 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

The price just dropped…

Name:  IMG_6808.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  49.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    The consumer Blue Python has two ribs:

Name:  IMG_6807.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  25.9 KB
    Yeah, that does look better.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    With the reported better engineering of the new Pythons and if the finish of the new guns is comparable, I imagine that the older ones are going to be available eventually for less,
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I’ll personally stick with stainless (the last bright stainless production was the ones I always wanted) but damn if that isn’t good looking in proper blue.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ll personally stick with stainless (the last bright stainless production was the ones I always wanted) but damn if that isn’t good looking in proper blue.
    For impropriety, I just ordered a stainless Python #$2, Combat Elite. Pics and report to follow next week.

At some point I'll be getting a six-inch blue model because of Burt Reynolds pulling one out of his sock in the beginning of Sharky's Machine.

User Tag List