Page 64 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Site Supporter
    Aholster makes a “Backtrian” pocket speedloader carrier for J and K frames. Perhaps they could make it for a Python?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    SNIP...But they really ought not market this sight for this particular pistola...SNIP
    Exactly. Marble could easily have manufactured a fiber optic front sight to match the height of the OEM red ramp. And, I'd say Colt's front sight design is inferior to the S&W DX. All that said, I'm very impressed with the new Python.

My wife decided she wanted a Python for Christmas! I’ll add a photo of the actual Python when we pick it up on the 13th. This is a crazy amount of money for a 6 shot revolver, but she really wants one. 🥴😳😎
    Name:  3C7A572B-44E1-4A8C-9BD9-4EEA8F6987A0.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  22.2 KB

Im not a huge fane of the JOX. It gets pushed out and prints worse than safariland split six pouches. I carry aiwb 99% of the time so keep a Safariland cd-2 iwb ahead of it.

The 333 is ok but I prefer the cd-2s owb to it. Especially for gaming. 3 spares is never enough in an auto centric sport and I think the metal cd-2s offer better retention.

Don Hume sells pouches that are a little bulkier than the safariland split six but work well.

Cd-2
    Name:  20210101_140619.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  42.4 KB
    Split six
    Name:  IMG_20211108_154150~2.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  72.9 KB
    Don Hume
    Name:  IMG_20211028_135002~2.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  40.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I carry aiwb 99% of the time so keep a Safariland cd-2 iwb ahead of it.
    I have a few of the CD-2’s in the front of my belt and run the 333 as a spare carrier. I have to admit, it never occurred to me to run the CD-2 in IWB- that might be a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    My wife decided she wanted a Python for Christmas! I’ll add a photo of the actual Python when we pick it up on the 13th. This is a crazy amount of money for a 6 shot revolver, but she really wants one. 🥴😳😎
    Name:  3C7A572B-44E1-4A8C-9BD9-4EEA8F6987A0.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  22.2 KB
    I bought mine from my local Sportsman’s Warehouse just last week. It may be a crazy amount of money, but it is worth it!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    I bought mine from my local Sportsman’s Warehouse just last week. It may be a crazy amount of money, but it is worth it!!
    She’s totally excited. I ordered a Colt King Cobra from Sportsmans Warehouse, but made sure I could cancel that before buying the Python. The KC was expected to be at the store on December 7, so we have to wait another week for the Python. Maybe the case of .38 special I ordered will be here by then.

She’s totally excited. I ordered a Colt King Cobra from Sportsmans Warehouse, but made sure I could cancel that before buying the Python. The KC was expected to be at the store on December 7, so we have to wait another week for the Python. Maybe the case of .38 special I ordered will be here by then.
    A few weeks ago I bought the 6” Python. I had never owned a centerfire revolver before, and got the itch to buy one. There was a 4 1/4 Python there at the same time but decided I would have preferred the longer barrel. I enjoyed it so much that when the shorter barreled Python was in the display case I had to do it. Shot it for the first time today. Shooting 38spl through it single action was sweet!! I am sure she will love it!

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    A few weeks ago I bought the 6” Python. I had never owned a centerfire revolver before, and got the itch to buy one. There was a 4 1/4 Python there at the same time but decided I would have preferred the longer barrel. I enjoyed it so much that when the shorter barreled Python was in the display case I had to do it. Shot it for the first time today. Shooting 38spl through it single action was sweet!! I am sure she will love it!
    You only live once, so rock on. We have many revolvers already, and my wife has never met a pistol she doesn’t want to buy. She’s like a kid in a candy shop! 🤣 We met in college 38 years ago, and she loves all of my hobbies/activities. She broke her ankle while fly fishing in a stream 10 years ago, and made me push her wheelchair along a kiddy stream the after she got out of the hospital. She pretty much had me doing that everyday for two months. 😳❤️

You only live once, so rock on. We have many revolvers already, and my wife has never met a pistol she doesn’t want to buy. She’s like a kid in a candy shop! 🤣 We met in college 38 years ago, and she loves all of my hobbies/activities. She broke her ankle while fly fishing in a stream 10 years ago, and made me push her wheelchair along a kiddy stream the after she got out of the hospital. She pretty much had me doing that everyday for two months. 😳❤️
    That’s awesome!! It’ll be a hell of a gift!

User Tag List