Page 59 of 132 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    3. A fiber optic front sight would be a big improvement over the factory red ramp. Unfortunately, these are very difficult to source.
    These were in stock not too long ago, happy with mine so far.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...15-253662.aspx

Site Supporter

Checking with Marble

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    These were in stock not too long ago, happy with mine so far.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...15-253662.aspx
    Yes and thank you. I left a voice mail at Marble yesterday asking if the sights can be ordered directly. No reply yet.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/colt...on-sp4wts.html

In stock as of 12:17pm with a sale price of $1699.

thread caused me to go looking, this is well below MSRP as well $1,599, a couple in stock today

https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Prod...tails/11447648

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    thread caused me to go looking, this is well below MSRP as well $1,599, a couple in stock today

https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Prod...tails/11447648
    That is not “well below MSRP”.

MSRP on the Python is $1499, and I paid a bit less than that for mine (even after taxes) a few weeks ago. With a very few suppliers NOT gouging on these, it may be worth shopping around a bit more. I’ve seen a few current prices north of 2K right now, which is clearly out of line when you can regularly find them for MSRP- if you bother to look.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    That is not “well below MSRP”.

MSRP on the Python is $1499, and I paid a bit less than that for mine (even after taxes) a few weeks ago. With a very few suppliers NOT gouging on these, it may be worth shopping around a bit more. I’ve seen a few current prices north of 2K right now, which is clearly out of line when you can regularly find them for MSRP- if you bother to look.
    The original MSRP was $1999, that's a pretty big drop.

Site Supporter

A few more initial reactions to the Python

I now have about 150 rounds through my new Python. A few more initial thoughts:

1. Safariland Comp II speed loaders clear the OEM grips, barely. Other than that faint praise, they are abominable.

Name:  20211111_162109.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  101.2 KB

2. The new production Python fits just fine in my JMCK Ruger GP100 MC holster.

Name:  20211031_153501.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  57.8 KB

3. I believe the Python is the most accurate revolver I own.

4. Perhaps due to the more highly polished finish, the Python cleans up easier than my S&W stainless revolvers.

2. The new production Python fits just fine in my JMCK Ruger GP100 MC holster.

This little post nugget is pure gold. For real; thanks for mentioning this.

Name:  20211031_153501.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  57.8 KB
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I now have about 150 rounds through my new Python. A few more initial thoughts:

1. Safariland Comp II speed loaders clear the OEM grips, barely. Other than that faint praise, they are abominable.
    Which are abominable, the speedloaders or the grips?

I can say it IS possible to make the OEM stocks work, at least for me. But compared to the utilitarian Hogues on my (ancient) 4” 686, it is more work, for sure. Those Hogues may be ugly, but they are quite grippy and comfortable.

However, I certainly shoot the 4.25” Python better than the 686 overall, probably because the DA is 2.5# lighter- and noticeably less stacky- on the Python.

12/12 on my “church drills” this evening, with 158-grain Underwood hollowpoints. (My current iteration of the “church drill” is one round from the holster in under 2.5 seconds at 15 yards on a VTAC head box.)

I find the Comp II’s to work just fine- and bonus points for fitting into the coin pocket of all my Kuhl trousers.

I just don’t have the heart to put this thing in Kydex, but I can confirm that it will fit the ancient Blade-tech I use for my 686 as well.
    Last edited by Archer1440; 11-11-2021 at 11:04 PM.

User Tag List