Page 115 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1318

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    It sounds like light strikes with the new Pythons is something multiple people here have experienced with recent (late 2022-early 2023) Pythons?

I really want a 6 inch to replace the 6 inch blued 1980 Python I had and carried as an 18 year old, but I'd prefer for it not to have any issues. My brother ordered a Python Christmas Day last year, got it, and after a hundred and twenty rounds it started having issues turning the cylinder in DA. Sent it back to Colt and they seem to have fixed it, but it hasn't been run much since then.

It's a shame there's a question mark hanging over the new Pythons because they have such great potential to actually be better than the originals. I certainly feel the DA trigger pull is better than on the originals, and some of the design changes should make it more robust.

Yes. Early 2022 3 inch and early 2023 4 inch for me. Both experienced light strikes in DA with Winchester white box .38s. Both set off the same rounds when fired SA. No issues with other ammo to date.

Site Supporter
    Bought a 4 inch python recently. Had some light strikes, but only with handloads. A firmer seating of the cci primers was necessary.

Never had an issue with factory ammo

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    I installed the Wilson Combat rear sight last weekend. It mated up well with my Harrison fiber optic front sight. The WC rear is very nice - especially the positive click elevation and windage adjustments. It also dispenses with the tiny set screw featured on the Colt OEM rear sight. Highly recommended.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/REAR-SI...tinfo/1034-SQ/
    The Harrison sights are taller than the original Colt. I thought I read that the Wilson sights were the same height as the factory ones. Have you noticed any significant POA/POI differences? I’ve got the Harrison sights on my 4.25” sample, but the Wilson rear keeps calling to me. I’m interested to know how this combo works.

I took Colt Python #4 to the range this afternoon, and it shot a variety of ammo just fine: Underwood .38 special +P and .357 magnum, WWB FMJ, Hornady Critical Duty in .38 special and .357, Federal FMJ 130 grain, and Norma .38 special 158 grain. They all went BANG, especially the Underwood .357 magnum.

The first 3” Python gave me fits sometimes in terms of accuracy. I ordered and installed the WC front and rear sights, but mailed it to Stephanie without trying the new sights. After using the WC sights on a 4.25” Python, along Stephanie’s results, I had a pretty good notion that the new setup would work well. After a few clicks of UP and Right on the rear sight, everything was pretty much centered!

Has Atlamont discontinued the walnut service panel grips for the Python? I can't seem to find them on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooosh View Post
    Has Atlamont discontinued the walnut service panel grips for the Python? I can't seem to find them on the website.
    Python/Cobra/King Cobra grips been unavailable on their website for the past few years. They’re selling “seconds” on GunBroker. An eBay seller has walnut Python service grips for sale.

I have not found anything objectively better than Deer Hollow stocks for the Pythons, when it comes to well made wood stocks.

I'm really liking my 3" Python. The Wilson sights are excellent and the DA trigger pull is very smooth and even. The single action pull is nothing to write home about, but I'm not using this gun in single action.

This week I crossed the 1k round mark with mine . It’s been 100% on reliability and no light strikes .

User Tag List