Page 69 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

When I buy a firearm online, I use gundeals.com to find the best price and availability. Only two of my revolvers were bought online, because I like to see them first. There are plenty of Pythons at $1,500, and many above that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Three inch; the Colt Combat Python.
    Well, that comment turned out to be prescient…. I will imagine this will sell just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Well, that comment turned out to be prescient…. I will imagine this will sell just fine.
    Nice, but it really needs a compact grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Mother of God.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Mother of God.

Oh, boy...

It's nice to see another three inch with good sights choice. Agree this should sell well, and with aftermarket more rounded combat-style grips it may not be very difficult to conceal. Unlikely it will be available anytime soon in California with the latest roster nonsense, which will save me some temptation.

I reserve the right to update these thoughts, the current plan is to pick up my 4.25-inch Python next Sunday and go straight to the range, this particular LGS is halfway there and it appears we'll be past the next series of storms and heavy rain by then, forecast is sunny and 55. So I should be able to test at various distances in just over a week. Good chance it will fit one of my existing holsters too. But my current thinking is that if I decide to carry a 42-oz revolver, the extra inch plus isn't a concern for my personal use because that larger revolver is more likely to see backcountry use where distances and sightlines are greater. My 3-inch King Cobra is a lot lighter (28 oz) and easier to conceal, and perhaps more likely to be the choice in more populated areas. These are just preliminary thoughts though until both are in hand, right now I'm seeing them as a pair which compliment each other. If I didn't already have the KC it would be a tougher choice.

This is dangerous though. As of next weekend I'll be up to four Colt's and they keep making more cool stuff.

Still wish for a Bowen Rough Country rear sight to fit the new Python.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Oh, my poor credit card!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

It's nice to see a new 3" Python. Hopefully one day we will see a 3" .38/.357 Diamondback, even if it means giving the King Cobra/King Cobra Target the Old Yeller treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Oh, my poor credit card!

It will be in good company.

User Tag List