Page 114 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1318

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Not gonna lie, my love of the L frame comes from learning to shoot centerfire pistols with one.

My love for the Colt Python however...that came from watching Magnum Force.

In fact...many a Clint Eastwood movie has factored into my enthusiasm for wheelguns.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    The writings of Ross Seyfried and John Taffin, along with the movies of Clint Eastwood are entirely responsible for my love of the S&W Model 29.

Silverado did it for me with the Single Action Army.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Not gonna lie, my love of the L frame comes from learning to shoot centerfire pistols with one.

My love for the Colt Python however...that came from watching Magnum Force.

In fact...many a Clint Eastwood movie has factored into my enthusiasm for wheelguns.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Dad had a friend in the early 70s that carried a 6" python in a shoulder rig when working some rough gigs. I believe i was able to shoot it once or twice with 38s, but always thought they were great looking pistols. Same guy later got a 4" 29 then had an 8 3/8" barrel put on it. Elmer Keiths writing pretty well got me interested in the 44 Rugers and Smiths. Lots of historical books on old guns fired up my interest in the SAAs.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter

Wilson Combat Rear Sight

I installed the Wilson Combat rear sight last weekend. It mated up well with my Harrison fiber optic front sight. The WC rear is very nice - especially the positive click elevation and windage adjustments. It also dispenses with the tiny set screw featured on the Colt OEM rear sight. Highly recommended.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/REAR-SI...tinfo/1034-SQ/

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    I installed the Wilson Combat rear sight last weekend. It mated up well with my Harrison fiber optic front sight. The WC rear is very nice - especially the positive click elevation and windage adjustments. It also dispenses with the tiny set screw featured on the Colt OEM rear sight. Highly recommended.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/REAR-SI...tinfo/1034-SQ/
    Concur. I just installed the Wilson sight on my 3" Python and it was an easy install and the adjustments are very positive. I went with a square notch and the Wilson gold bead front sight, which also fit my gun perfectly and was easy to install. Great parts from Wilson Combat.

For those who don’t follow the For Sale forum, I’ve bought two 4.25” Pythons, and a 3” Python. They’ve all been sold here. Well, today I went to the LGS, and traded a couple of Glocks, 2 P365’s, 2 LCP’s, and a S&W M36 for a new 3” Python. I haven’t carried any of those pistols in as long as I can remember, except the P365’s, and I still have another. I already had a WC front FO sight, and just ordered a square notch WC rear sight.
    🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  41.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    For those who don’t follow the For Sale forum, I’ve bought two 4.25” Pythons, and a 3” Python. They’ve all been sold here. Well, today I went to the LGS, and traded a couple of Glocks, 2 P365’s, 2 LCP’s, and a S&W M36 for a new 3” Python. I haven’t carried any of those pistols in as long as I can remember, except the P365’s, and I still have another. I already had a WC front FO sight, and just ordered a square notch WC rear sight.
    🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼

Please don't take this as being a wise guy. Why do you keep buying and selling the same gun? You traded 7 handguns for the Python? Did they give you $200 each? I can't make money quick enough for trades like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Please don't take this as being a wise guy. Why do you keep buying and selling the same gun? You traded 7 handguns for the Python? Did they give you $200 each? I can't make money quick enough for trades like that.
    What I lose per unit, I make up for in volume. 🤣 Seriously, the 4” was too big, and I simply didn’t give the 3” much of a chance before selling it to a forum member. The new 3” Python will have WC sights, and should do the job. I should note that the first 3” Python had WC sights installed the day it shipped, but I didn’t want to dirty up the gun trying them.

These were handguns I could have sold individually, and made more money. I just didn’t feel like taking pics of each one, finding buyers, and then shipping them. These pistols were not being used, and I simply don’t like to own what I don’t use. My wife and I still own many firearms that haven’t seen the light of day since being purchased, and that batch may be sold in a more favorable manner.

It sounds like light strikes with the new Pythons is something multiple people here have experienced with recent (late 2022-early 2023) Pythons?

I really want a 6 inch to replace the 6 inch blued 1980 Python I had and carried as an 18 year old, but I'd prefer for it not to have any issues. My brother ordered a Python Christmas Day last year, got it, and after a hundred and twenty rounds it started having issues turning the cylinder in DA. Sent it back to Colt and they seem to have fixed it, but it hasn't been run much since then.

It's a shame there's a question mark hanging over the new Pythons because they have such great potential to actually be better than the originals. I certainly feel the DA trigger pull is better than on the originals, and some of the design changes should make it more robust.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    It sounds like light strikes with the new Pythons is something multiple people here have experienced with recent (late 2022-early 2023) Pythons?
    Having owned and shot three 2022-2023 Pythons, I can report that they all ran 100%. None of them had high round counts, and the fourth Python remains unfired. The trigger pull on the latest averaged 8lb 7oz DA, and a very consistent 4lbs 14oz SA.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼

I call first dibs when you sell this one!

I keed, I keed, not really
    Don’t just sit there – do something short sighted and stupid!

User Tag List