Page 92 of 132 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    My Harrison sights for the Python arrived this morning. It was a quick installation, as described above and in the Harrison website installation instructions. I did need to fit the rear sight blade with a little filing. It feels more secure now and also provides an improved sight picture. I went with the plain black front sight.

While I was in there I pulled the entire rear sight off and tightened up the fit as described by Mike Heffron here https://www.coltforum.com/threads/fi...ythons.384076/

The rear sight no longer moves side to side, it's nice and tight now. Range test to follow but this should help. It's the same .050 allen in the new rear sight blade, but the set screw is larger and it has more thickness to bite into. Not nearly as fragile as the OEM one.
    Does this fix the sight issue that Wilson complains about in the video, or is that a separate issue?

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Does this fix the sight issue that Wilson complains about in the video, or is that a separate issue?
    Depends on the intended use. I expect the Harrison sight solves the problem for range use, it’s robust enough that the occasional wandering zero should go away. But what they’ve done is build a better and taller sight blade,
    The sight base still imposes limitations. I’d still hesitate to woods carry at least without testing. A good whack into a branch, who knows. I’d still like to see an entire new sight assembly from Kensight, or the alleged future Allchin RDS base.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    My Milt Sparks rig for the Python arrived today. The delivery time was about 5 months. Workmanship appears impeccable, as expected.

Attachment 92139

Attachment 92140

Attachment 92141
    Wyoming Shooter, are those Hogue grips? Would you happen to know if they’re the same size as the Hogue Monogrips?

Site Supporter

Yes, they are Hogue Grips

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    Wyoming Shooter, are those Hogue grips? Would you happen to know if they’re the same size as the Hogue Monogrips?
    Yes, they are Hogues. I believe this model:

https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/colt-...ove-stripe-cap

They are very similar in size and design to the monogrip except with only 1 finger groove.

I may have missed it in the thread, but do any P-F Python owners here have a preferred strong side IWB holster? I’m looking for one for my 3”, not because I really plan on carrying it, but a 3” revolver should probably have an IWB to go with it. Plastic or leather, I’m not picky.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    I may have missed it in the thread, but do any P-F Python owners here have a preferred strong side IWB holster? I’m looking for one for my 3”, not because I really plan on carrying it, but a 3” revolver should probably have an IWB to go with it. Plastic or leather, I’m not picky.
    I don't have a Python, but I recently got one of these for my 2" Detective Special. I'm pretty happy with it. It's not cheap and it takes about three months.

I finally had a chance to handle one of these on Saturday. I almost hate to say it, but I was impressed. Very nice finish and fit, great trigger. It makes me interested in the new Anaconda.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I don't have a Python, but I recently got one of these for my 2" Detective Special. I'm pretty happy with it. It's not cheap and it takes about three months.
    Oh great, I didn’t realize Wes made holsters for Pythons. I have a Cutthroat for the Hi Power and it’s a true work of art.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I have either a DeSantis or Galco thumbreak designed for the Python and marked as such. I use it for my 3” GP100. Let me see if I can get the wife to go in the toy room and get the model number for you.

Standbyone

Here ya go

Name:  E7C8D4B6-F735-4974-97C5-BF689CAACF24.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  55.9 KB

Oops....OWB. Sorry
    Last edited by entropy; 09-04-2022 at 09:27 PM.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    On a related note, I went to the range last week to shoot some .357 test loads. They had a 4” in the case. I drooled. Heavily. I’m on the fence but am loosing balance...lol

In 1983, I had a choice between a 4” Python and a 6” Dan Wesson. Buying the Python (I was in college) would have meant no spare money for ammo, no case, no holster.

I still have the Dan Wesson.

I need to right the wrongs of my past.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List