Page 105 of 132 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1318

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    Are the 2020 Pythons drilled/tapped in the top strap? I can’t find any examples of one with a scope or optic mounted anywhere.
    Nothing that sophisticated.

Ummmm….. I bought Another Python

I now realize that many members can’t see the Classifieds, but I sell a LOT of pistols there. I think my record for buying and then selling a revolver was one week.

Nearly everyone here, along the Wilson Combat Mafia has complained about the Python’s square trigger edges. I like wide triggers, and while the serrations don’t bother me, the square edge does. This is never an issue while shooting, but I’m stuck waiting for ammo that requires a signature. I removed the trigger (which means pulling all of the internals out), and put the slightest radius on the edges with a Dremel and round stone. 400, 1000, and 2000 grit paper were used to smooth things out. It received a final polish with some mag paste and a felt wheel. I can assure anyone interested in doing this the slight radius eliminates any felt edge.

Name:  700C03A2-7B9C-4D45-B50A-EF9587025B0A.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  22.9 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I now realize that many members can’t see the Classifieds, but I sell a LOT of pistols there. I think my record for buying and then selling a revolver was one week.

Nearly everyone here, along the Wilson Combat Mafia has complained about the Python’s square trigger edges. I like wide triggers, and while the serrations don’t bother me, the square edge does. This is never an issue while shooting, but I’m stuck waiting for ammo that requires a signature. I removed the trigger (which means pulling all of the internals out), and put the slightest radius on the edges with a Dremel and round stone. 400, 1000, and 2000 grit paper were used to smooth things out. It received a final polish with some mag paste and a felt wheel. I can assure anyone interested in doing this the slight radius eliminates any felt edge.
    Nice. What barrel length, this time?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

We drove past Sportsmans Warehouse, and there was a 4.25” Python in the case. 🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    We drove past Sportsmans Warehouse, and there was a 4.25” Python in the case. 🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼
    Arguably, the best all round Python length. Works at distance, works better with stouter loads, works AIWB, and balances great.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Arguably, the best all round Python length. Works at distance, works better with stouter loads, works AIWB, and balances great.
    That would be the Commander length. I approve.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Stephanie knows this, but I sold my first 4.25” Python, along with my 4”, 2.5”, and 3” S&W 686+ revolvers. I also sold my recently purchased S&W 586, M13-2, and my son bought my 3” King Cobra. I still have several J frames, but my main carry is a 2” King Cobra Carry. It’s small enough to easily carry in a pocket, and heavy enough to handle magnum loads. The second 4.25” Python has been carried in a shoulder holster. The two Colts give me a large and smaller option, and the J frames give me a really small revolver for warmer weather carry. The 3” Python is a great size, Ken Hackathorn has said it’s his carry revolver.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I've found that the difference between a 4" Smith and a 3" Smith AIWB is enough to make me prefer a 3".
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Once I'm convinced these are "cured" of the initial complaints I'd like to get a 4.25 and a 3. I'm reading improved version of the original in terms of durability and longevity, but still skeptical. I don't care about collector value.

I have a big birthday coming up in January, for months I have debated getting a brace of the two new Pythons or getting a little beater sportscar to be fixed up, since I enjoyed both but sold both 25 years ago. I think the Pythons may be pulling ahead at this point. The availability of new sights and the continued reports of good performance. Plus I may not have the patience on the car thing like I once did.

User Tag List