Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1310

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    . Im in, just as soon as I figure out how to afford it. Can I officially go on Franks list for his cast off 6 or 4 inch blued Python?
    Lol, me too
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    (I still want a Diamondback reissue in 4.25”.)
    I had a 4" diamondback 22 in 1984, it was an awesome squirrel slayer.

I tried to get some RWS CB caps to work in it, they were tight with thick rims, (better sit down), I closed the cylinder with some drag, tried cycling it DA to get it to move, and broke the tip off the trigger. I bought a new trigger and got it working, but not knowing enough at the time to do a proper trigger tune, and thinking ot too fragile (I now actually dont think it was any more so than a Smith trigger) I sold it. I think the price was $225.

It was perfect with the Pachmayr compac grips.

Yeah, a case of the dumb arse.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I had a 4" diamondback 22 in 1984, it was an awesome squirrel slayer.

I tried to get some RWS CB caps to work in it, they were tight with thick rims, (better sit down), I closed the cylinder with some drag, tried cycling it DA to get it to move, and broke the tip off the trigger. I bought a new trigger and got it working, but not knowing enough at the time to do a proper trigger tune, and thinking ot too fragile (I now actually dont think it was any more so than a Smith trigger) I sold it. I think the price was $225.

It was perfect with the Pachmayr compac grips.

Yeah, a case of the dumb arse.
    I had a spectacular 6” .38 back in the late 80s or early 90s, and I stupidly let it go because it wasn’t a 4”.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

https://youtu.be/T9-h0D3C5Cw?si=gnw-Fdc7yVU4f5ql

The 4" guns will indeed have 3 vents on the rib, for "aesthetic" reasons. I'm kind of ambivalent on it, really; doesn't look bad, just different than we're used to..

A 2.5" Python was tempting enough, but now a blued one? Get thee behind me Satan!
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    I wonder if Colt is ever going to update their website with the 2.5" and the two blued Pythons. No telling what else they make that isn't reflected on their site.

Took long enough, but it looks like there’s another rear sight option besides the excellent Wilson Combat, for those of us who want a better option for the OEM Colt rear sight.

Not sure if this is quite to the fit and finish level as the WC, but here you go.

https://kensight.com/kensight-ellias...le-rear-sight/

Linsey’s Colt Python 2.5”

I have to take deep breaths, and think that my Miata still needs the paint repaired… 🤷🏼

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1041296850

Name:  IMG_6958.jpeg
Views: 182
Size:  37.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Now that the new Python is vetted and proliferating (both by sales, and the expanding family of guns) someone needs to start making good red-dot mounts for them. There are a few here or there, but they are limited to the mount patterns available. I haven't seen any RMS-C/SIG Romeo-X/EPS options yet, or DeltaPoint Pro options, ACRO P2 options, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Now that the new Python is vetted and proliferating (both by sales, and the expanding family of guns) someone needs to start making good red-dot mounts for them. There are a few here or there, but they are limited to the mount patterns available. I haven't seen any RMS-C/SIG Romeo-X/EPS options yet, or DeltaPoint Pro options, ACRO P2 options, etc.
    For the time being there's this:

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List