Page 91 of 132 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    How come and which one?

My reason may change to 'not a problem anymore' when I get the charge holes chamfered. I had a friend let me try these 357, LBT, 160gr, LFN-GC - Montana Bullet Works I do believe I could throw a speed loader full of these from across the room and they would drop in. He uses this bullet to hunt deer with and seems to be happy with performance out of a 7.5" Blackhawk.

Matts has a non-gas check 160 Grain Round Flat (.359) [359-160-RF] - $17.00 : Matts Bullets

I have about 30 left of the Montana bullet. I have been working up loads with 2400 I am in the mid 1100s with 14.5gr(3"guns) and still have a grain to go to hit max. 1200fps seems obtainable. The accuracy seems to be a bit better than SWCs but it could be that I am just shooting more. I will have to do a side-by-side comparison.

Cost wise, I may see how Matts do for training as Montana is not accepting order right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    My reason may change to 'not a problem anymore' when I get the charge holes chamfered. I had a friend let me try these 357, LBT, 160gr, LFN-GC - Montana Bullet Works I do believe I could throw a speed loader full of these from across the room and they would drop in. He uses this bullet to hunt deer with and seems to be happy with performance out of a 7.5" Blackhawk.

Matts has a non-gas check 160 Grain Round Flat (.359) [359-160-RF] - $17.00 : Matts Bullets

I have about 30 left of the Montana bullet. I have been working up loads with 2400 I am in the mid 1100s with 14.5gr(3"guns) and still have a grain to go to hit max. 1200fps seems obtainable. The accuracy seems to be a bit better than SWCs but it could be that I am just shooting more. I will have to do a side-by-side comparison.

Cost wise, I may see how Matts do for training as Montana is not accepting order right now.
    I've had good luck with thesehttps://rimrockbullets.com/xcart/-38...r-per-800.html
    Meplate is 0.229

One python trigger sans grooves...

I am still refining the trigger on my 3-inch gun. I have gotten some different dremel bits to use and still have some more inbound to try to get it back to the high mirror polish. Yes, I know I'm insane learning to polish metal by using a python trigger but the improvements that have been worth it. I know it is subjective, but the trigger pull feels a lot less now. I'm just happy it doesn't dig into my overly sensitive finger anymore. Once I get the method perfected, I'll do my 4-inch gun.

@Crazy Dane
    Maybe a tad on the edges with a Dremel stone, and then start using 360-600 grit wet/dry paper. Bring the Dremel back with a felt wheel, and some Mothers Wheel polish. 👍👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    @Crazy Dane
    Maybe a tad on the edges with a Dremel stone, and then start using 360-600 grit wet/dry paper. Bring the Dremel back with a felt wheel, and some Mothers Wheel polish. 👍👍👍👍

I've got some abrasive buffing wheels and a Cratex rubber abrasive kit coming CRATEX Rubber Abrasives | Order Online

I learned about the buffing wheels from a jeweler and the Cratex products from a Brownells vid. I've got felt wheels and jeweler's rouge. I do predict the I will end up with wet/dry paper wrapped around dowel rods and tongue depressors. I'm seeing a lot of Filtz being used too.

Massed Ayoob and Bill Wilson Look at Bill’s Python Collection

It’s worth it just to hear why Colts can go out of time! Bill doesn’t like the new Pythons because of the rear sight.
    Last edited by FrankB; 07-11-2022 at 06:38 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Major dental work in the offing:

Attachment 91140
    Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    I didn't really get this joke, but I hope this wasn't a warning about buying from armsunlimited lol. Spotty communicaiton from them, crossing my fingers though!
    The last time I took him in for dental work, it involved some extractions and cost a skosh over ten fly-in hamburgers. But that didn't happen.

Has anyone any experience with the Harrison sights on the new Pythons?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

My Harrison sights for the Python arrived this morning. It was a quick installation, as described above and in the Harrison website installation instructions. I did need to fit the rear sight blade with a little filing. It feels more secure now and also provides an improved sight picture. I went with the plain black front sight.

While I was in there I pulled the entire rear sight off and tightened up the fit as described by Mike Heffron here https://www.coltforum.com/threads/fi...ythons.384076/

The rear sight no longer moves side to side, it's nice and tight now. Range test to follow but this should help. It's the same .050 allen in the new rear sight blade, but the set screw is larger and it has more thickness to bite into. Not nearly as fragile as the OEM one.

Pythons are right at the ragged edge of what I'm comfortable spending on a firearm but if I like the King Cobra Target that's on layawake as much as I think I will there's a strong possibility a couple of safe queens will be moved to fund one.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter

Bar-B-Q Rig

My Milt Sparks rig for the Python arrived today. The delivery time was about 5 months. Workmanship appears impeccable, as expected.

Name:  20220729_094101.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  98.2 KB

Name:  20220729_091910.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  100.1 KB

Name:  20220729_092025.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  94.6 KB

User Tag List