Page 21 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Site Supporter
    About MIM parts and similar innovations. I distinctly remember that the Troopers made in the 1970s had sintered metal hammers and triggers. Said another way, from their inception the new Trooper line had these sintered parts. They could have had others. They worked. I did see one specimen in which the hammer spur broke off. But I have seen the same thing with the older Smith revolvers.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RONK View Post
    Colt rep was in today,not much to report,sorry.
    Colt distributors received a limited number of revolvers.
    Colt won't take orders from their buy group dealers until next week.
    No ETA.
    I'll wait. {Yawn} Maybe by the time they're out in greater numbers, my good sense will kick in and realize that a Python isn't really better than a 686.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I don’t think anyone knows yet.

I hope this one retains the original Python grip shape and dimensions. Doing so will allow for the use of the excellent Nill grips.
    I checked out Nill’s website and was amazed they still offer such a variety of Python grips. Any particular version excel?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Anybody gonna run one in IDPA or ICORE?
    I don't know why not, I shoot the one I got in the '90s at IDPA.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I hope this don't become a situation similar to where every "Walking Dead Fan has to have a 6" Stainless Python like when it seemed everyone wanted a "Dirty Harry" S&W 29.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I hope this don't become a situation similar to where every "Walking Dead Fan has to have a 6" Stainless Python like when it seemed everyone wanted a "Dirty Harry" S&W 29.
    Dumb question, but why?

I'm all for a bunch of millennials getting into revolvers personally.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I'd be happy if Colt's Manufacturing Company were to gain a lot of civilian customers and become more viable as a company. Plus, there will be more large refined American revolvers in the wild.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 01-07-2020 at 03:41 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    More people shooting revolvers, more people getting into the shooting sports. more demand for .38/.357 ammunition, more production, maybe lower prices for ammo.

Tell me what's to hate about all of that.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Which led to many barely fired m29s on the used market.

I guess that .357 is unlikely to turn as many new shooters off.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

The walking dead should be a turnoff to even the most casual gun enthusiast based on the way that turd would hold / point that thing.

My TV love of the Python is old school to the likes of Starsky and Hutch and Magnum Force.

User Tag List