Page 130 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1318

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    At some point I'll be getting a six-inch blue model because of Burt Reynolds pulling one out of his sock in the beginning of Sharky's Machine.

I could swear there is a film out there where Bubba Smith carried a Beretta 92 in an ankle holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideeho View Post
    For impropriety, I just ordered a stainless Python #$2, Combat Elite. Pics and report to follow next week.
    Is that the new 3” with G10 stocks?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Is that the new 3” with G10 stocks?
    Yep, and the unfluted cylinder. The literature says 30% more metal under the rear sight. People seem to be interpreting that to mean that much more metal on the frame in the area of the rear sight. I interpret it to mean a slightly thicker rear sight. I have Wilson's rear sight ordered for delivery on Saturday. This weekend I'll test the Deer Hollow grips. Hopefully, next weekend the Elite.

Site Supporter
    I installed the D&L Sports fixed rear sight and Wilson fiber optic front. They are an excellent match for a combat handgun. The stock rear sight is pinned along with screwed in. D&L's only attaches with a screw. Dave thinks the single screw will be OK. He does give you a few options for additional screws. I took a different route and used Loctite R-638 to secure the front and rear sights along with the supplied screws. I had good luck with it on the front sight of a 986. I decided on Underwood .38 special, 150-grain wadcutter for carry. In my Python, they feel like .32 shorts in an LCR. The Python feels heavier and more refined than a GP-100 and any K/L frame Smith. The target shows 20 of the Underwoods, fifteen at 10 yards, and five at 15 yards. The next change will be grips. Because the gun conceals so well AIWB, I do not want any grip that extends past the butt. 2.5" Python grips are shorter than on the 3" and larger models, which extend below the butt. I ordered a set of Eagle grips and am looking for stag grips. I like the gun so much that I bought a King Cobra Target in .22 yesterday. I popped off 500 fun rounds with it this morning. I will keep my fingers crossed that Colt's QC is long-term.

Attachment 112965

Attachment 112966

Attachment 112967

(Sorry about the cat hair on the sight).

Attachment 112968

Attachment 112969
    I love how you set yours up. I plan on doing mine the same except for I want a bobbed hammer. What AIWB holster are you using?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I love how you set yours up. I plan on doing mine the same except for I want a bobbed hammer. What AIWB holster are you using?
    I use Kramer's inside-the-waistband clip holster that was made for a 986. You might not need a bobbed hammer. The front of the holster rides slightly higher than the hammer. I also use a JM Custom Kydex mounted on an Enigma carrier.

An actual blued Python n the wild:

Site Supporter

I Question the Accuracy of Gun Articles/Reviews

Yep, and the unfluted cylinder. The literature says 30% more metal under the rear sight. People seem to be interpreting that to mean that much more metal on the frame in the area of the rear sight. I interpret it to mean a slightly thicker rear sight. I have Wilson's rear sight ordered for delivery on Saturday. This weekend I'll test the Deer Hollow grips. Hopefully, next weekend the Elite.
    From a Handguns Magazine dated 08/15/2022, tilted New Colt Python 3-inch .357 Magnum: Review: “Also, 30 percent more steel was added below the rear sight, the usual failure point in the vintage guns, to ensure the new Pythons will stand up to whatever abuse they encounter”

The 30 percent steel upgrade is the same being cited for the new Python Combat Elite, which wasn’t introduced until a year after this article. Distill the regurgitation and the only difference between a regular python and an Elite is the unfluted cylinder and G10 grips. I’m glad I ordered the Wilson sights before I got the gun. Why can’t gun writers do better than lifting previous work? The shared knowledge in PF beats any gun rag.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post

I may qualify for the shouting at clouds icon, or maybe the get off my lawn one.

I was watching the vid, the guy was saying something about being concerned with how good the blueing would look anfd Im talking loudly at the video saying "THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS ITS BLUED, NOT F-ING STAINLESS!!!!!"

The finish looked OK, hard to tell in a video. Im certain its not up to the old school super high polish, but I really dont care if it is, the most important part is its not stainless. Im in, just as soon as I figure out how to afford it. Can I officially go on Franks list for his cast off 6 or 4 inch blued Python?
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post

If I get hands on a 3” blued Python, I will likely do a 1.5 second draw… with my wallet.

(I still want a Diamondback reissue in 4.25”.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List