Page 43 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    CZ re-killed the DW 715 after bringing it back because no one bought it. People are buying the new Python because it says "Python" on it and it doesn't suck.
    No doubt you are correct about DW 715 sales, this despite the ranting and raving of those who like them. My concern as far as Colt goes is that the experience with the DW revolver may have left a bad taste in CZ's mouth regarding handguns with the round, wheelie part in the middle. We will just have to wait and see. (smile)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    No doubt you are correct about DW 715 sales, this despite the ranting and raving of those who like them. My concern as far as Colt goes is that the experience with the DW revolver may have left a bad taste in CZ's mouth regarding handguns with the round, wheelie part in the middle. We will just have to wait and see. (smile)

Dave
    Maybe, but CZ has demonstrated a really solid business acumen so far and a pretty squared understanding of the domestic firearms market. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that of the primarily Euro companies, their parent organization understands the US market better than anyone, except perhaps Glock. They wouldn't have bought Colt if there wasn't value in the brand, since the new Python has been a strong seller, I am hopeful that they'll keep it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Maybe, but CZ has demonstrated a really solid business acumen so far and a pretty squared understanding of the domestic firearms market. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that of the primarily Euro companies, their parent organization understands the US market better than anyone, except perhaps Glock. They wouldn't have bought Colt if there wasn't value in the brand, since the new Python has been a strong seller, I am hopeful that they'll keep it alive.
    I think right now it would be fair to say that CZ understands Colt's US market better than Colt.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I’m with others in thinking that CZ has been pretty squared away in their acquisitions and US dealings so far.

My hope is that they dig in and expand the line. I can’t be the only one who wants a 2.5 inch “Night Python” with their DLC finish. I’d flog my credit card worse than my first dirt bike for an iteration like that.

ETA: https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...r-slot-in-2020
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 02-15-2021 at 04:27 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’m with others in thinking that CZ has been pretty squared away in their acquisitions and US dealings so far.

My hope is that they dig in and expand the line. I can’t be the only one who wants a 2.5 inch 3 INCH “Night Python” with their DLC finish. I’d flog my credit card worse than my first dirt bike for an iteration like that.

ETA: https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...r-slot-in-2020
    FIFY.

So @jetfire publishes an article comparing the Python to the GP100 and the 686 and doesn't tell us: Colt Python vs Ruger GP100 vs S&W 686

Good job Caleb and damn you, now you've made me want a Python even more. :-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-męme, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    So @jetfire publishes an article comparing the Python to the GP100 and the 686 and doesn't tell us: Colt Python vs Ruger GP100 vs S&W 686

Agree, excellent article. I’ve been leaning towards a 686 (if I could find one) but this has me rethinking a Python.
    @jetfire, what speed loaders work with the Python? I didn’t see it in the article.Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    Agree, excellent article. I’ve been leaning towards a 686 (if I could find one) but this has me rethinking a Python.
    @jetfire, what speed loaders work with the Python? I didn’t see it in the article.Thanks!
    HKS makes a loader for the Python, and Safariland Comp-IIs are available as well. I am bugging Speed Beez to make one for it

Yes, very good article. The part about an "out of the box rating" I found to be especially relevant. It's a big reason I'm liking my recent production King Cobra more with time, haven't wanted to change a thing on it, good trigger and no lock.

Way back when the new Python was announced I said I'd let some of you folks beta test for a while. Current thinking is yeah might want one of these, if they're ever in stock again.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

It's a nice article. What it does, for me, is lead me to conclude that I'll hang onto the 4" 686-1 that I bought for $600 a few years ago and call it good.

I'd like a Python, sure, but not enough to drop ~$2K.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List