Page 100 of 132 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1318

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    that's been my experience and hit rate with Kramer. They make ordering easy which is nice but they are not as safe as Sparks or especially Ralston.
    Back in the 90s, I ordered two holsters from Kramer, an ankle holster and an IWB. Both looked like they'd been made by the Lighthouse for the Blind. I never used them again.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    You’ve been on the fence for a while. It’s inevitable.
    Yes, I have to submit to the suck.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Any difficulties with the installation?

ETA: Sold out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqIk3l_CjbQ

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    “Roll pin starter”. Guess I’d better find one.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

That's a pretty good tutorial video. It contradicts one part of what's posted elsewhere by Wilson, there was something about a .039 punch that I saw somewhere and was wondering about that. Having already replaced the OEM rear site after Colt customer service sent me a new one because of an early issue, I can say that yes, a 1/16th punch as used in the video does fit and they're a whole lot easier to find than a .039 one. A 1/16th starter punch shouldn't be too hard to find either.

One thing to add: When you lift off that OEM rear sight, the spring is pretty obvious in the video. The spring and the roll pin aren't the only things to keep track of though. There's also a really tiny ball bearing detente under the screw, in a recess on the underside of the sight base. Mine did not come loose during handling but I know at least one person who lost that and couldn't find it again. Thus I dropped my entire rear sight assembly into a small plastic bag as soon as it was off. Not that I expect to need that toy OEM sight ever again (good riddance), it bothers me to lose things though.

I hope everyone saw that he had pads on those vice jaws too, not just the tape to protect the barrel. It's actually possible to do this without the vice, use a large soft rag to prop things up, but it kinda takes three hands and some care and there's more risk of a slip. The vice helps if one is available.

Nice touch that Wilson includes a spare roll pin and a spare set screw and .050 allen for the front.

My punches are already out, should be able to install soon after delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    “Roll pin starter”. Guess I’d better find one.

I didn't use a roll pin starter and it was fine. It wasn't listed on their instructions on the website. A .039 punch was and I purchased one just for it. Looks like a 1/16 punch would've been fine but I didn't know and I didn't want to add delay so I ordered the .039 punch before the sights arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    For those looking for a robust sight for carry, this happened. https://www.dlsports.com/colt-python-sights.html
    Is that sight at all adjustable?

Doesn't look like it, and his similar Ruger and S&W sights are stated to be fixed.

Wilson is now selling an adjustable sight.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

You wanna know what makes a great roll pin punch? The ding dang roll pin WC provides. 😉😉😉😉
    ETA I would/did remove the cylinder before swinging a hammer at the Python. It taps right out, but and ounce of prevention and all that. The old roll pin was used to seat the new one, using a brass 2oz hammer. I should add that the Colt pin was driven out 1/4”, and then pulled the rest off the way with pliers. The new roll pins is then tippy tapped in with the 2oz brass hammer, then seated with the old roll pin. Hope this helps.

ETA I guess I’ll just keep editing this post. If you were worried about even a hair of wiggle in your Python’s rear sight, get the WC sight. It is rock solid, and not moving even the teeniest weeniest bit.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  60.2 KB
    Last edited by FrankB; 11-11-2022 at 02:50 PM.

I broke and picked up a 4” model and back ordered the sights.

User Tag List