Page 74 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    - Colt made the Python too pretty, I'm hesitant to subject it to backcountry abuse
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Rick Grimes is disappointed.

Im finding Im a bit hesitant to wear the finish off stuff thats 50 or 60 years old or more and in excellent condition (younger me would be shocked), but a nice shiny new gun? Go use it. Besides, its stainless, it buffs out easily.

I think id find even more satisfaction putting a higher priced gun to good use and advantage than an ordinary one. There will be plenty of pristine ones around for the collectors.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Im finding Im a bit hesitant to wear the finish off stuff thats 50 or 60 years old or more and in excellent condition (younger me would be shocked), but a nice shiny new gun? Go use it. Besides, its stainless, it buffs out easily.

I think id find even more satisfaction putting a higher priced gun to good use and advantage than an ordinary one. There will be plenty of pristine ones around for the collectors.
    You're almost certainly right. There is a certain intangible something about carrying a Python, after all. Another 380 reliable rounds fired, and it will be decision time.

Site Supporter

No joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    I emailed Marble on 11/27/2021 with the above photo clearly showing the fiber optic is too short. No response.

I also emailed Dawson. Their reply states: "Check with us in January when we reopen our Custom Sight shop. We can have you send in the sight to see if we can duplicate it. Jay"

Stand by...
    I emailed Dawson 01/06/2022. Their reply 01/07/2022: "We have not started doing custom sights yet and have not been able to get a new Python. I don't know what are plans are about the sights for it yet. Huston "

I'm carrying my 1969 m19-3 right now. I'm not worried about finish. I'm worried about it's working life.

Clearly these were built to shoot. I’m pretty pleased with how mine have been performing, and you would never know they get shot pretty regularly, when I clean them up.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I'm carrying my 1969 m19-3 right now. I'm not worried about finish. I'm worried about it's working life.

I wore quite a lot of finish off dads old 1972 model 19, I swapped him a 4 screw late 50s-early 60s 19 in excellent condition for it so i wouldnt wear it too badly,..now 35 years later I own the nice early one again, and its going to get carried and used some.

Long ago I drilled and tapped an original early 1886 Winchester (already had been extensively modified and rebored) for decent sights and sling mounts, and had zero reservations about doing so on various Browning 86s and other models. Heck use them.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Meanwhile, the attempts at insane price gouging have begun…. people never fail to amaze me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I got a In Stock notification for the 3-inch from Grab-a-Gun while I slept last night at 10:20. I wasn't surprised that it was showing not in stock at 0600 this morning. What did surprise me was the below MSRP price tag at $1368.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    After carrying a 4" 686 in a JMCK AIWB holster for a few days, I'm rethinking the 3" Python.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    After carrying a 4" 686 in a JMCK AIWB holster for a few days, I'm rethinking the 3" Python.
    In a negative or positive way?

User Tag List