Page 123 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1318

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

I would want to see what the bead blast finish looks like in person before saying whether I'd rather have the high polish or bead blast, but I do love me some bead blast stainless.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Site Supporter
    While I do like the aesthetics of a Python, for me the way it shoots is even more appealing than the way it looks.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Oh Gross! Isn’t the whole Python mystic its curb appeal? I’d just buy a blem if I needed to save money. Waiting for me to inevitably to sell one is another idea, but that’s not happening anytime soon. Lol
    Worked for me !

Waiting on 4.25” Anaconda .

I would much rather see a well done DLC black Python, even with the extra cost, than this matte version. Matte stainless is harder to clean, easier to mar, and strikes me as just wrong on this particular model. Sure, a similar matte stainless was offered on original Pythons as well, but it still puts me off.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Oh Gross! Isn’t the whole Python mystic its curb appeal? I’d just buy a blem if I needed to save money. Waiting for me to inevitably to sell one is another idea, but that’s not happening anytime soon. Lol
    Define "soon".

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ights-Like-New
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 11-07-2023 at 12:00 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

The LGS has had a 2.5” Python in stock for a few weeks. It’s been reported that the rear sight has been improved, and I can confirm that this sample’s sight is rock solid in terms of wiggling. The little windage adjustment screw is still there, however.

The smaller service stocks allow it to fit in my front pocket as easily as my S&W 2.5” 686+. I’d love to buy one, but it’s tough to see the advantage over the 686+, and I’d have one less round. It is Old School slick….

Yesterday, 35 rounds at 7 yds, at what I'll call cadence speed (about one round per second), in a steady rain and temps in the mid 50s. Slow day of RSO duty so had some time to shoot. 38 sp SNS 148 DEWC, 3.5 gr Bullseye. These have enough bevel that they actually load OK from a Safariland Comp2.

One of the two low left fliers is from a previous five round sequence with a Glock 26, you can see the less well defined hole from the 9mm JHP vs the wadcutters. I shot a notably better group with the Python than with the G26.

I'm finally adding the Python to my CCW, it's now over 1,000 rounds and vetted reliable. No issues since I replaced the factory sights with Wilson Combat sights early in the process. The Hogue's prevent or minimize any shifting of the grip, depending on how hot a load is in use. At 40+ oz it's probably not going on any multi-day rugged terrain hikes, but for shorter/easier hikes it's now an option.

ETA: Just put it on the scale, in this configuration (4.25" barrel, with these grips and sights) it's 40.46 oz empty, 43.67 oz with a cylinder full of 357 Barnes Vor-TX 140 gr.

Name:  IMG_1512.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  58.9 KB
    Last edited by Salamander; 11-19-2023 at 08:12 PM.

Can someone please show me the secret handshake?

Also, leather and stocks.

I definitely don’t want to stuff a Python into Kydex. A Sparks PMK or Kramer Vertical Scabbard is tempting, but I need to think about it before dropping the coin and time in either. Are any of the mass market leather pancakes worth the trouble? Any other OWB suggestions?

I love the look of traditional Colt stocks, but they don’t fit me that great. Hogue, maybe?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The Galco Fletch OWB holster has worked well for both a S&W 686, and a Colt Python. It’s a high-riding holster, but doesn’t flop outward with a 4” barrel.

The Galco Fletch OWB holster has worked well for both a S&W 686, and a Colt Python. It’s a high-riding holster, but doesn’t flop outward with a 4” barrel.
    I’ll check that out - thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List