Page 47 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

I read in early reviews that old grips will fit on the new Python, take that for what it's worth.

If anyone needs grips to jazz up their new Python, I have the birdseye maple grips shown on this Officers Model Match. I think they'd be sexy, but in all likelihood I'll pass on the new Python. If anyone's interested PM me and we can talk.

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I read in early reviews that old grips will fit on the new Python, take that for what it's worth.

If anyone needs grips to jazz up their new Python, I have the birdseye maple grips shown on this Officers Model Match. I think they'd be sexy, but in all likelihood I'll pass on the new Python. If anyone's interested PM me and we can talk.

Why you gotta tempt me? I don't even have a Colt frame that fits those.

Hmm, "I know wife, love, a new Python seemed a little extravagant. But see, I already had a set of fancy grips on hand. I couldn't have them just sitting around doing nothing."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Why you gotta tempt me? I don't even have a Colt frame that fits those.

Hmm, "I know wife, love, a new Python seemed a little extravagant. But see, I already had a set of fancy grips on hand. I couldn't have them just sitting around doing nothing."
    I have a 4" Official Police they'd look nice on, but that gun is going on the block soon.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I have a 4" Official Police they'd look nice on, but that gun is going on the block soon.
    I really like those OPs. I wish I kept mine

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I did pretty good on the price. I had gotten my members reward coupons in the mail last week, $10 off of $50, $50 off of $250 and the one they think you will never use $250 off of $1000. They give me some grief but no where on it said I couldn't use it on firearms, so that will be a policy change soon.
    Were you able to stack the coupons, or just use the high one?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Were you able to stack the coupons, or just use the high one?

I asked about using the coupon before I even started the purchase. They had to get a manager approval and it got several people involved. Honestly, I was so giddy about finding a 4” Python in the wild I didn’t consider trying to stack them. While I was waiting to get the tablet to do the E-4473 I talked Army with the salesman and he gave me the military discount too. I did not expect that. He had an Abrams tank tat on his arm and asked about it. Found out he was in 3rd armored division in Desert Storm, the the same place is was with the 2nd armored. We ended up talking for about an hour. They have a good group of vets working in that store.

I do want to know who the monkey fisted Mensa reject was that put 3 uncaptured pins in the grip. Imagine my surprise when I pulled the grips off last night and ended up spending an hour and a half looking for them after they rolled off of the bench and into the pink shag carpet.

It does shoot. I put 60 rounds through it yesterday evening and it made tiny little groups with everything except 158swc, they opened up to a little over 2 inches at 10 yards. 148dewc, 158lrn, 125jhp, and 158sjhp all shot about 1 1/2. I’ll shoot again tomorrow and get the sights adjusted.

I blame jetfire and his 2 part article for this following me home. There are other enablers too, so don't feel left out.

I went to the local Sportsmans Warehouse for my by-weekly troll for anything useful and they had just put this on the shelf. They had 2 and before I checked out the other one sold as well. I did pretty good on the price. I had gotten my members reward coupons in the mail last week, $10 off of $50, $50 off of $250 and the one they think you will never use $250 off of $1000. They give me some grief but no where on it said I couldn't use it on firearms, so that will be a policy change soon. I haven't shot it yet, maybe this afternoon.
    Nice score!

If I found one with a decent asking price, I’d be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    Nice score!

If I found one with a decent asking price, I’d be all over it.
    Me too. I was a dispatcher at my college PD, and one of our guys carried a 4” Python. I was always looking for a place to store his body so I could make it mine.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Me too. I was a dispatcher at my college PD, and one of our guys carried a 4” Python. I was always looking for a place to store his body so I could make it mine.
    I just saw this and had a desperately needed laugh.

Thanks!

I asked about using the coupon before I even started the purchase. They had to get a manager approval and it got several people involved. Honestly, I was so giddy about finding a 4” Python in the wild I didn’t consider trying to stack them. While I was waiting to get the tablet to do the E-4473 I talked Army with the salesman and he gave me the military discount too. I did not expect that. He had an Abrams tank tat on his arm and asked about it. Found out he was in 3rd armored division in Desert Storm, the the same place is was with the 2nd armored. We ended up talking for about an hour. They have a good group of vets working in that store.

I do want to know who the monkey fisted Mensa reject was that put 3 uncaptured pins in the grip. Imagine my surprise when I pulled the grips off last night and ended up spending an hour and a half looking for them after they rolled off of the bench and into the pink shag carpet.

It does shoot. I put 60 rounds through it yesterday evening and it made tiny little groups with everything except 158swc, they opened up to a little over 2 inches at 10 yards. 148dewc, 158lrn, 125jhp, and 158sjhp all shot about 1 1/2. I’ll shoot again tomorrow and get the sights adjusted.
    Unsecured pins are one thing, but pink shag carpet?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List