Page 127 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1318

Thread: Colt Resurrecting the Python?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Colt has supposedly announced they’re going to release Royal Blue Pythons.
    This just took my interest level from meh to serious.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have to tell you the idea of a 3” set up like yours (sights and stocks) is very appealing.
    Stick around; I'm fighting the temptation to sell one of my Staccato Cs to buy a 3" Python. I only use the Staccatos for LEOSA quals. I also have a set of Deer Hollow service grips on the way. They are a tad thicker than the Altamont OEM service grips. I plan on testing them this weekend. I'll post pics afterward.

I'm surprised at how well the 2.5" shoots and conceals. It's as heavy as an N-frame and heavier than a GP-100. If you use a variety of ammo, you'll need to make corrections to your POA. The D&Ls work for concealment and are very dialed into the Underwood 150 wadcutters I use for carry. But at 15 yards, Precision Delta .38 wadcutters have a 2" high POI. I'm considering using the Wilson rear on a 3". The concealability is what amazes me. I've had 14-hour carry AIWB sessions without discomfort, and no one has detected that I was carrying a piece. If I buy a 3", I might use Wilson's rear sight and carry it OWB vs AIWB for the 2.5".

I'm looking forward to you posting your new Python.

Here’s the Blued Python!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Here’s the Blued Python!
    I think they made a mistake in making it with 3 vent slots in the 4" barrel. That makes it appear more like a Taurus or Rossi or whatever rather than a Python.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Straight from the horse’s mouth:

I would honestly never have expected blue carbon steel. Lord knows what the price will be, but Colt seems to have delivered the holy grail here. That said, three small vents on the 4.25 rib is... strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I think they made a mistake in making it with 3 vent slots in the 4" barrel. That makes it appear more like a Taurus or Rossi or whatever rather than a Python.
    Their current 4" stainless guns have 2. I wonder if that's a prototype oopsie.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Their current 4" stainless guns have 2. I wonder if that's a prototype oopsie.
    One can hope.
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

So, over and under on MSRP?

I’m calling $1999.99

Site Supporter
    I really hope they release a 2.5 inch blued version so I can finally get the Michael Douglass Black rain gun. I already have the back up he used.

User Tag List