Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any reason why I shouldn't add a Dillon casefeeder to a 650?

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    With the feeder and the strong mount it is quite tall, the top of the feeder bowl is 45" above the mounting surface. In my installation on a 38" high bench (for loading while standing) this places the top of feeder bowl 4" below the ceiling joists
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Good point. My bench is quite high too, but I just measured and I'll be able to squeeze it in.
    I did intentionally position mine to be between the joists.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete 10 View Post
    Might as well use a 550 if no case and bullet feeders.
    I'd say Hornady Lock N Load since it auto-indexes. And you can use it to swage primer pockets on rifle brass.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    With that said here's a low cost alternative if you're handy:
    https://youtu.be/tGzmlvhcJyk
    That was interesting, I was always amazed by that little collator.

I bought a 650 and case feeder last Christmas. Added the bulletfeeder as soon as I got comfortable with the press. I also reload 9mm only for Production. Can't see having the press without the feeders...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I'd say Hornady Lock N Load since it auto-indexes. And you can use it to swage primer pockets on rifle brass.

Different strokes for different folks i guess, I don't do rifle on my progressive. Good idea if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete 10 View Post
    Different strokes for different folks i guess, I don't do rifle on my progressive. Good idea if you do.
    Depends on what I'm loading. .223 and .308 ball ammo gets loaded progressively. I've also loaded .308 168 BTHP progressively with a pause to electronically weigh powder.

Last edited by Tokarev; 12-27-2019 at 11:05 AM.

You'll want the case feeder and then a bullet feeder. As posted, might as well run a 550. Which a great machine BTW. As much automation as possible.
    A71593

Quote Originally Posted by Slalom.45 View Post
    I bought a 650 and case feeder last Christmas. Added the bulletfeeder as soon as I got comfortable with the press. I also reload 9mm only for Production. Can't see having the press without the feeders...
    Are you using the Mr. Bulletfeeder ?

Oh yes! It works without issue once you get it oriented so your bullets flip properly before dropping. Pretty idiot proof as my (lack of) experience proves....

I've loaded give or take 28,500 rounds of 9mm in the past 12 months. Can't really imagine loading any volume without the feeders.

User Tag List