Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger PC Carbine Sling?

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I think the issue here becomes how one mounts a sling. I just got mine and there are studs in the traditional locations, which aren't really ideal for a Vickers/VTAC/etc.-style two-point. Furthermore, given that it's a takedown rifle, I'd want at least one end of the sling to be QD.
    Blue Force Gear's sling hardware has a few options.

The A2 Buttstock adaptor would be a start, I can't tell from the pics of the Ruger if the Universal Wire Loop will pinch small enough to go thru at the front. Alternatively you could try the Rail Mounted Fixed Loop. I've not used a sling mounted to the underside of the rifle so I don't know how the rifle will hang on a two point sling but I'm sure it's something you'd learn to use. For the quick detach option there's the MASH Hook or Sling Snap Hook attached to the D ring on the A2 buttstock adaptor.

Just add your preferred 2 point sling.

Site Supporter
    I've used a Blue Force Gear padded sling with the A2 stock adapter and the universal wire loop on a variety of issued weapons, including M16A2's, M16A4's, and the old fixed-stock M249's, though I usually use a small carabiner in the small loop for the issued M249 sling's carabiner instead of the A2 stock adapter. Amazing how many M249's are in the Army's Arms Rooms without slings available, and that 20lb block gets real heavy real fast when you're carrying it all day.

I'd unhesitatingly recommend the BFG 2-point slings. Best $75ish (with the A2 adapter and the UWL) I've ever spent on improving a rifle, to be honest.

Yes, you need one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I’m here to vouch that you can kill a lot of time taking both a 10/22 AND a PCC on the same outing.
    I call my 9mm AR the coolest thing I didn't want, and have put a ton of fun rounds through it. But it is the Colt pattern mag, if I could modify a few M&P mags so they would run in the Ruger that would be my "rational" for having one. Plus the takedown idea. And now prices seem to have come down a bit on them.

I have a few other wants before I would just be going out to buy one, but if I tripped over a used one I might bite.

I think the issue here becomes how one mounts a sling. I just got mine and there are studs in the traditional locations, which aren't really ideal for a Vickers/VTAC/etc.-style two-point. Furthermore, given that it's a takedown rifle, I'd want at least one end of the sling to be QD.
    MI makes a replacement stock spacer with QD mounts. I'll probably be picking one of these up for my PCC soon.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...mi-pc9qdsp.htm
    Last edited by William B.; 12-28-2019 at 09:46 AM.

I like my Ruger PC. I don’t use it for anything serious, but it has a lot more capability and reliability than I thought it would. Certainly more so than it’s earlier predecessor. I put one of these simple Magoul slings on it: https://www.magpul.com/products/magp...uctColor=VO343
    Last edited by ST911; 12-28-2019 at 10:07 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

PHD Proctor Heavy Duty Sling (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HNMXDHC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_At5cEbDC1WM2Q

One sling, many options? Thinking of picking this up for those rifles that don’t already have a dedicated sling.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    This is just a comment from the peanut gallery from a peanut with no Ruger PC experience, but I wonder about a single point for that gun? Something mounted back on the receiver side behind the breakdown fore end?
    https://magpul.com/catalog/product/v...ck/category/5/
    Looks like two point sling attachments both back on the receiver side of the stock (but not available until fall):
    Name:  PCC QD.jpg
Views: 2353
Size:  32.3 KB

User Tag List