Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger PC Carbine Sling?

Site Supporter

Ruger PC Carbine Sling?

When we moved, I took the slings off the long arms. I had bought a cheapy Bass Pro something for the PC carbine. I didn't like it and it seems to have disappeared into the void of clothes, shoes, pictures and weird crap that we had in the house.

So, I need one. My usage would be general carry but more specifically useful in IPSC, IDPA carbine matches. Something that would be compatible with the movements, holding it in place during transition, standing around waiting to shot, the usual match paradigm.

Any good suggestions?

Thanks.

The blueforce gear two point quick adjustable sling is my preferred option for every long gun I own. You can choose between padded or non padded. Let it out when you are shooting, when you are standing around just take the slack out and it will hold your rife nice and tight to your body. High quality construction and the pull tab is is a minimalist design to avoid being a snag hazard. Shes a tasty meatball

This^^^^^
    https://www.blueforcegear.com/slings/weapon-slings
    Get the padded sling.
    Last edited by baddean; 12-26-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

This is just a comment from the peanut gallery from a peanut with no Ruger PC experience, but I wonder about a single point for that gun? Something mounted back on the receiver side behind the breakdown fore end?

I think the issue here becomes how one mounts a sling. I just got mine and there are studs in the traditional locations, which aren't really ideal for a Vickers/VTAC/etc.-style two-point. Furthermore, given that it's a takedown rifle, I'd want at least one end of the sling to be QD.

removed
    Last edited by baddean; 12-26-2019 at 05:06 PM.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    This is just a comment from the peanut gallery from a peanut with no Ruger PC experience, but I wonder about a single point for that gun? Something mounted back on the receiver side behind the breakdown fore end?
    IMO, good suggestion. Something like the Magpul MS4 that could also be used as two-point.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    IMO, good suggestion. Something like the Magpul MS4 that could also be used as two-point.
    I would think there would have to be someplace to screw this into the stock.

And all this chatter is moving these up on my list of stuff I don't need but I think is interesting list. ETA: Since they are out there for $450 with an adjustable LOP. Still would need to experiment with my M&P mags.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 12-27-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    And all this chatter is moving these up on my list of stuff I don't need but I think is interesting list. ETA: Since they are out there for $450 with an adjustable LOP. Still would need to experiment with my M&P mags.
    Yes, you need one.

Shooting mine today for the first time reminded me of when my dad brought home a 10/22 when I was 10. It's a seriously amusing gun.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Yes, you need one.

Shooting mine today for the first time reminded me of when my dad brought home a 10/22 when I was 10. It's a seriously amusing gun.
    I’m here to vouch that you can kill a lot of time taking both a 10/22 AND a PCC on the same outing.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List