Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Let's talk BBQ rub.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    Anything good around the chandler mall area?
    Not my part of town, but I believe Porkopolis is over there. Haven't tried it, but it's a joint venture of one of the local radio jocks, who is (on the air, at least) a lover of meats. There's also a pair of chain BBQ places a little west of there, Rudy's and Can't Stop Smoking. I haven't tried Rudy's, but CSS had ok brisket and pulled pork with some seriously good blackberry cobbler. My coworkers are pretty unanimous in their opinion that Rudy's has better meat, but CSS has far better sides. For me, CSS is OK for a lunch hour trip during the work week, but since the Barbecue Company is about the same distance from my office and (IMHO) has better chow, I doubt I'll go back to CSS anytime soon.

One of our other offices is in Austin, where I'm told there are some pretty fine BBQ places (the Salt Lick gets much mention from our Austin contingent). One of these days I'll make my way down there for training or some such, and I'll have to hit it up.

Salt Lick is pretty good, I enjoyed the brisket the most. Pay your fee and all you can eat....wear riggers belt, easy adjustment and cinch point to hoist yourself back into the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    Lesson 1: the really best meat doesn't need much rubbing. (At least, that's what I keep telling myself.)

Lesson 2: thanks for all the rub tips here, I need to step up my game in that department.
    In lieu of the traditional PF "phrasing! ", I'll give this a "That's what she said! "

Regarding the Salt Lick, make sure you go to the original Salt Lick out in Driftwood. As Skyline mentioned, all you can eat for about $20, and it's BYOB. To me their sides are the big draw; the coleslaw and potato salad are not like what you'll find everywhere else.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Just tried Dillo Dust for the first time. Have to say I'm not impressed. It tastes like Old Bay Seasoning and sugar. And I can't stand Old Bay (sorry Marylanders).
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    Anything good around the chandler mall area?

It's not by the mall area but if you get over to Gilbert try Joes Real BBQ
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    It's not by the mall area but if you get over to Gilbert try Joes Real BBQ
    I tried that the other day. The ribs were so-so, but I liked the brisket and pulled pork.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Just tried Dillo Dust for the first time. Have to say I'm not impressed. It tastes like Old Bay Seasoning and sugar. And I can't stand Old Bay (sorry Marylanders).
    Agreed.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

User Tag List