Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new St. Joe River custom longbow

My new St. Joe River custom longbow

This is the nicest bow I've ever owned. Might be the nicest bow I ever do own. Very forgiving; my mistakes on this end aren't so bad on that end.

Riser is Bubinga, Wenge, Rosewood, and Maple. Limbs are bamboo and yew stained to match the Wenge under clear glass.

Deja vu DVC: In archery we have three goals; to shoot accurately, to shoot powerfully, to shoot rapidly.
    - De Re Strategica of Syrianus Magister @525AD

WOW! That looks amazing, congrats, that is beautiful.

Mike

I'm getting into archery soon for my injured arm. What will you be using this for?
    #RESIST

Nice man, St Joe River has some nice bows. Last year I switched over from my recurve to a 66" longbow and I'm pretty sure that's what I'll be hunting with over the next couple weeks.

Great..... Now I need to go read about Agincourt again. I already have a want (not need) for a yew bow.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    In his heart of hearts, I think every man has a want for a yew bow.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm getting into archery soon for my injured arm. What will you be using this for?
    FYI, proper archery form is more of a back work-out than an arm work-out, though you will use your arm muscles to some extent. Using your arm as the primary muscle to draw the bow would likely exacerbate elbow conditions rather than alleviate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    FYI, proper archery form is more of a back work-out than an arm work-out, though you will use your arm muscles to some extent. Using your arm as the primary muscle to draw the bow would likely exacerbate elbow conditions rather than alleviate them.
    Got it but an excuse is all I need and I have an acre of yard for target practice
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Nice man, St Joe River has some nice bows. Last year I switched over from my recurve to a 66" longbow and I'm pretty sure that's what I'll be hunting with over the next couple weeks.
    I shot a recurves a good bit in my childhood but never a long bow. Why do some prefer the long bow to the recurve?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Why do some prefer the long bow to the recurve?
    Just a guess - grip/wrist position.

User Tag List