Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PHLster releases Floodlight OWB (universal holster with WML)

Nice. And it looks like the TLR-1 version can be trimmed to reduce the overall length.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Nice. And it looks like the TLR-1 version can be trimmed to reduce the overall length.
    For reference, the TLR-1 version fits my P-09 w/ threaded barrel perfectly. Trimming that last half inch or so, so that the muzzle end of the holster is flush with the light might make a lot of sense, depending on what guns you want to accommodate.
    Name:  6B935FFD-3F14-45BE-8F9E-5557ADFD0D41.jpeg
Views: 787
Size:  56.0 KB

My concern is that trimming it leaves very little surface (purple circle) area around the muzzle end shock cord (OWB: hardware) hole, depending on how you round that corner. I guess you could drill new holes for that too.
    Name:  FC3C20DD-56CF-461E-ADC7-9D24BBE335F0.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  21.0 KB
    David S.

I picked up an old tlr1 to use as a drone for range work only and am working through attachments at the moment. It's going to be used for folks who don't have a holster(assuming it can attach a tlr1) or if i'm wanting to run a friends gun etc...and don't want a specific rig.

I don't like tek loks so I put a belt slide (stingray I think) and tried a doh setup but it's a bit flimsy. Probably going to try a ubl next. What attachments are you using?

The holster works well with my m&p's and p09. I'll probably keep it with a small bag of tools (to change keys or adjust the retention) that i can throw in the range bag when I expect to shoot something other than my guns. Pretty happy with it so far though. Have an iwb version as well. It doesn't conceal quite as well as a dedicated, non light bearing rig but is definitely good enough for trying out a different gun. I also dig the shock cord retention adjustment, as it offers a nice friction fit.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Looking for anymore feedback on this holster. Thinking about picking one up for my Colt 1911 Rail Gun with TLR1. Thanks

I'm interested in hearing about any experiences with this holster as well; looking at using it for my 92 Elite LTT Centurion with a Streamlight TLR-1HL.

I've been running a pair of them in dry practice for a week or two. So far, i really like them. Once you get the adjustment figured out so that you get your desired level of retention, they seem to be a pretty solid option.

With my owb rig, i spent a but if time figuring out which attachment i liked. I hate tek lok's but i tried it and scrapped it. Next i tried a ubl. I liked that enough that i had planned on getting a cubl when available but i ran across the Blade Tech duty doh attachment on a Henry holsters post, and just got some of them in today. They allow for a slight amount of cant and, at least initially, seem like what I'm looking for. I'm happy with both setups for what i need, a universal set of holsters that will allow me to run multiple setups from the same rig.

Name:  20200325_154450.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  99.0 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    Looking for anymore feedback on this holster. Thinking about picking one up for my Colt 1911 Rail Gun with TLR1. Thanks
    Mine is the AIWB Version and it works with my Colt Commander with Novak Rail, which sticks about a 1/4 inch below the standard dust cover. I trimmed some of the excess off the muzzle opening and heated the opening to round the edge inward a bit. I also added a foam wedge and replaced the bungee cord with Chicago Screws and rubber washers. The bungee system works great, I just prefer to have the holster rigid rather than being able to flex. Hope this helps

Name:  Floodlight.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  74.2 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List