Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PHLster releases Floodlight OWB (universal holster with WML)

PHLster releases Floodlight OWB (universal holster with WML)

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/floodlight-owb/

I think this will sell well. Universal fit based on the X300 or TLR-1 WML.

I’ve been meaning to reach out to Jon and request OWB belt loops for the standard Floodlight. Seems like an easy upgrade option.

This holster comes with Blade-Tech, Safariland and G-code attachments.
    David S.

been running a floodlight for past 6 months would definitely be interested in an OWB equivalent. one caveat could be covering of trigger guard, as the IWB floodlight covers most triggers well enough but not to the extent that a fitted kydex would do.

Interesting, especially for a teaching rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Interesting, especially for a teaching rig.
    Agreed, that is exactly what I was thinking. I will order a rig for the Surefire system, and see how it does.

I'm currently tutoring a couple of different folks. One runs a Glock 19, one a Beretta M9, and the other a Smith M&P 9 full size. This would make my training rig setup a lot simpler, especially with the Raven Copia mag carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Agreed, that is exactly what I was thinking. I will order a rig for the Surefire system, and see how it does.

I'm currently tutoring a couple of different folks. One runs a Glock 19, one a Beretta M9, and the other a Smith M&P 9 full size. This would make my training rig setup a lot simpler, especially with the Raven Copia mag carriers.
    FYI, There’s a couple folks out there on the social media who have 10% discount codes for PHLster.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    FYI, There’s a couple folks out there on the social media who have 10% discount codes for PHLster.
    Gracias, I will go looking.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Gracias, I will go looking.
    Text message sent.

You can go give Modern Samurai Project a follow, for one example.
    Last edited by David S.; 12-25-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    David S.

Interested still in trying this and AIWB for Glock but worried about opening around the trigger. Anyone have closeup measurements of this opening?

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Interested still in trying this and AIWB for Glock but worried about opening around the trigger. Anyone have closeup measurements of this opening?
    Digging through the PHLster Facebook feed I'm not seeing any problem with trigger guard coverage for Glocks or any other pistol.

Looking from the bottom up of my standard (not OWB) holster, there is maybe a third to half inch gap on either size of the trigger guard to accommodate the light. I'd argue the picture makes it look worse than it actually is given that it is fully covered from the side view.

CZ P-09 in Floodlight TLR-1
    Name:  IMG_2814.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  23.8 KB
    David S.

What I was really hoping for was some simple, cheap molded loops to adapt the standard Floodlight for OWB use, instead of a whole new design.

The new OWB model has obviously modified their existing setup to accommodate the OWB attachment kits. Less obvious is that he's replaced the shock cord along the top of the holster with user adjustable hardware. Presumably the OWB version requires the hardware solution to maintain adequate passive retention.
    David S.

User Tag List