Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: I want a polymer framed 45

A little more enabling, these types of deals have me considering getting one.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/850806088

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post

That is a good deal.

My choice is the 45 shield. Most size efficient yet accurate and easy to shoot polymer 45 on the market. Almost the same capacity as an m&p45c or hk45c but in a much smaller gun. I was never impressed with the 45acp glocks....g21, g30, g30s.....all too big and chunky for me and none of them shot as well for me as my shield does......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post

Bastard! Ordered. I've passed on all the other deals I've seen because they didn't have the thumb safety like the full size I already have. Now I have to order some more .45 bullets. And another holster. And probably some more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Bastard! Ordered. I've passed on all the other deals I've seen because they didn't have the thumb safety like the full size I already have. Now I have to order some more .45 bullets. And another holster. And probably some more stuff.
    Damn, that was a good deal! I really like my 45c 1.0 that I bought when they first came out, and recently converted it to thumb safety. I even have a second FS top end for when I want to do the CCO thang.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Damn, that was a good deal! I really like my 45c 1.0 that I bought when they first came out, and recently converted it to thumb safety. I even have a second FS top end for when I want to do the CCO thang.
    They had a total of five, they're LE trade-ins. I don't think I got the last one. Just sayin'...

They had a total of five, they're LE trade-ins. I don't think I got the last one. Just sayin'...
    I’ll leave them for others - mine fills my needs. An Apex kit really improved my trigger, I put them into all of my M&Ps.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Why did you let it go? I'm seriously looking at getting one, or maybe a steel framed version.
    Hey John, I missed answering this the first time, apologies. The short answer? Probably stupidity, it’s a great pistol! The longer answer is that I got out of 1911s, so I’ve slowly sold them all off. The 1911 really is a bit of an expert’s gun, and I’m not the same level expert as many here. I’m pretty much sticking to /glocks and wheelguns for social/training.

That said, as I think back on all the 1911s I’ve owned (Colt, Kimber, DW, a bunch of Springers), this is the one that sticks out. It handles and shoots waaaay above it’s price class. In my opinion, not only is it the best answer in a sub-1k 1911, it shoots so well and it is fit well enough that it’s my ONLY answer, personally. I can’t believe that the Poly isn’t more popular; it runs like a cross between a DW valor and a Glock 17.

If you’re wanting a working-class 1911, at least get a look at one of these RR Polys up close before buying something else.

As to the steel RRAs, the only thing I know about them is that they have a great rep among the 1911 guys I know. I doubt very strongly that they suck.

But, man, that Poly. Less fatiguing to shoot than an all-steel Gov’t AND lighter. Free lunch stuff. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Down to three and I’ve been able to resist this far. How did I go from singing the praises of HK to now debating buying and M&P all in the same thread. This forum sucks the money from my wallet.

You’ve almost lured me in too. Thankfully (?!) I’m broke lol

User Tag List