Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: I want a polymer framed 45

I had one

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Ok, so I went back to the shop and handled them all. The M&P is off the list. I’m just not digging it. The other two Glocks would probably do. I liked the G21 SF a little better than the G41, but.... it has the ambi mag release. I swore there were issues with the ambi release on the G21’s but can’t remember for sure. Can anyone refresh my memory please?
    The Glock 21 I had with the ambi mag release problem had a picatinny rail, not the Glock rail. I really can't recall what I did with the pistol.....been a few years back. Don't have it now. I eventually got the G21 SF gen 3 with the Glock rail and it works great.

Is the gen 4 21 not as desirable?

Surprised there’s not more suggestions for HKs

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post

I love my Gen4 G21’s. Much softer shooting than my Gen 3 was. The only reason I haven’t bought anymore 45ACP Glocks is I’m waiting to see if they will get the Gen5 treatment. If I had to carry a 45 on duty I’d want a Gen4 G21.

Honestly, if there was a used G4 G21 in there, or even a new one, I’d probably have never started this thread. I know those are gtg. I’m mostly trying to save some coin by buying used and the three I mentioned in my OP were what was available used at my local shop.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I love my Gen4 G21’s. Much softer shooting than my Gen 3 was. The only reason I haven’t bought anymore 45ACP Glocks is I’m waiting to see if they will get the Gen5 treatment. If I had to carry a 45 on duty I’d want a Gen4 G21.
    A Gen 4 Glock 21 is tempting, but like you, I want to see if a Gen 5 is coming.

hmmmm...

I've got an unmod'd (no finger groves) gen I or II, two gen IIIs, and a gen IV glock 21. The latter three have the same adaptations/mods: aftermarket recoil spring guide and spring; "-" connector; grip reduction and finger groove removal (mostly by the ever-reliable Lane Owens DBA Cold Bore Customs; he did my '20 as well), and tritium night sights (best results with Ameriglos). My shooting performance is almost indistinguishable among the four with Federal HSTs.

Although the modifications may seem excessive to some, after working through making early-generation S&W M&Ps live up to their potential or Springfield XD Tacticals be reliable, mod'g the '21s proved to be a value though not perhaps a bargain. i transitioned out of 1911s (for the decade before) due to the high potential for my work gun ending up in an evidence locker (private security contractor in a big, eastern city; happened to a co-worker). The glocks worked out the best, sold or traded off the others.

There seem to be some great prices on used, LE-trade '21s nowadays. This circumstance would seem to make a polymer-framed .45 even more of a value.

IN MY HANDS, the .45 has been more accurate and at least as reliable than any other Glocks (or the S&W or Springfield).

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Honestly, if there was a used G4 G21 in there, or even a new one, I’d probably have never started this thread. I know those are gtg. I’m mostly trying to save some coin by buying used and the three I mentioned in my OP were what was available used at my local shop.
    https://www.recoilgunworks.com/glock...n-p-33569.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Sadly, not mine anymore. Went to a great home, though.
    Why did you let it go? I'm seriously looking at getting one, or maybe a steel framed version.

Vending Machine Operator
    One of my favorite sites for LE trade ins. Accurately graded. I got an Excellent from there that truly was. Only reason I haven’t gotten one of their VG trades is I’m banking on them getting more excellent /unissued ones in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

There's been a few. Personally, I think a USP45 FS would tick every box a shooter can have:

*Affordable, especially if you're willing to grab an LE trade-in
    *Flexible manual of operations--hammer down/safety off or cocked and locked
    *Upgrade the DA/SA trigger to Expert components for non-stupid money
    *Swap over to an LEM trigger (light or heavy), or convert to DAO

On the downside, if I'm remembering correctly, the slide can't be milled for a low-set 'dot. You'd have to use a dovetail mount. A plain-Jane FS has more holster options than an Expert, but still maybe not as varied as the ubiquitous G-Lock. Magazines are more expensive than Glock's, and of course, there's the HK mag release, which is not everyone's cup of tea.

here are lots of complaints about the grip, but I find mine a little more comfortable than the 26/19/17/34.

That said, there's really nothing wrong with the 21/41, or a 30.

User Tag List