Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a polymer framed 45

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

This?

How ‘bout that.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Ok, honestly prior to posting, I was leaning a little more to the G41. Now @Lost River and the others have me leaning more G21SF. Decisions decisions.

What is your intended use for the pistol?

Will you put an RDO on it?

Will you use it in the field?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    What is your intended use for the pistol?

Will you put an RDO on it?

Will you use it in the field?
    Probably mostly range use. I won’t put a red dot on it. I may get some 10 round mags and see if it’s reliable with those in the event I end up needing a carry pistol in a 10 round restricted area

I was issued a Glock 21 for about half my LE career and it was my sidearm for most of my time on SWAT. Thousands upon thousands of rounds fired with only one single issue, consisting of a light primer strike. Solid choice. I have to say though, I'm impressed by the M&P45. A buddy had a full sized model and the ergos were great, a really sweet shooter. It was also a nail driver, quite unlike any of the M&P 9's I've tried.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 12-24-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

OP, I’m a big fan of Glocks. I carried a Gen 3 G21 on duty for several years and was very fond of it. Never an issue. I have a Gen4 G21 now that is very soft shooting, reliable and accurate. As far as plastic 45’s it’s my favorite but I will admit I haven’t tried them all. I have a USP45C that’s great but I prefer the G21. I plan to snag a G41 one day but I’m waiting to see if the 45’s get the Gen 5 treatment.

I prefer the Gen 4 pistols in 45 since they have a better texture and the “SF” frame dimensions as a starting point. I get slide bite from Glocks and need the factory beavertail or Grip Force Adapter. That fits much better on the Gen4/SF than original Gen 1-3. Also the Gen 4’s have a double recoil spring. Feels like a 9mm with 230gr ball.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

I had a Gen3 21sfRTF2 that was a great shooter, and I had a Gen4 that was as well.
    You sir are gonna cost me money. I had no idea such a glorious pistol existed! I have a 17 and a 34 with RTF2 frames. They are ideal as duty / match / HD / field guns in my opinion. The grip is like locking the gun into your hand. The only area I don’t prefer them is concealed carry as my clothing and skin would not hold up. Lol!

I was all excited too but the one I had was not near as grippy as the small frame RTF2s.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I was all excited too but the one I had was not near as grippy as the small frame RTF2s.
    Interesting. I prefer to buy used guns in person so I’ll have to pay close attention. I do wish Glock would offer most of their full size guns in both the RTF (Gen4) and RTF2. They’d sell almost double the guns. At least to suckers like me.

Sadly, not mine anymore. Went to a great home, though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Sadly, not mine anymore. Went to a great home....
    Found an IWB that works well with the oversized frame, and it got carried all day today in fact, will go up in the woods for some overlanding with me tomorrow evening!

Accuracy of this gun is on par with anything Wilson/Baer/Brown/Nighthawk make. Reliability has been perfect. It is definitely a sleeper in the market.

User Tag List