Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a polymer framed 45

Rock River Poly

Name:  rock river poly.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  91.3 KB

LEO trade-in G21 gen 4's and M&P45 1.0's are cheap right now. Get one of each, shoot them and decide which one you like more, be unable to decide and keep both.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

"I'm Lost River and even my boring plastic shit is cooler than yours."
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Take a look at the SIG P320 45.

I have one that shoots like a tight match pistol.

SIG is changing stuff up for 2020 and it looks like the full size is getting dropped from the lineup. At least on the commercial side of the house. But the 4" carry and compact models should still be available. The carry model should actually be a nice gun. Sort of SIG's version of the Colt Commander.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Take a look at the SIG P320 45.

I have one that shoots like a tight match pistol.
    I would strongly second this. The one I shot was very accurate and the grip small despite 10+1 of America’s cartridge.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Had a PX4 in .45. Shot great, but 9/10 rounds for a full size isn’t too positive for me. I’d put the P320 in the same boat, unless you have small hands. My 30S is good to go, in a smaller package, and has the same capacity (if not more if you toss in a 13 rounder). Standard capacity is 10, so that gives you the ban state coverage.

Glock is probably the way to go, considering the aftermarket and magazine standardization. But again, hand size notwithstanding. You can tell if Glock did it all over again, they likely wouldn’t have done the 13 rounders... did the 36 Slimline, SF frames, then the .45 GAP... all to make the grip smaller. If the 13 rounder wasn’t a standard, probably would be around 10 rounds with a stagger like the PX4.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I would strongly second this. The one I shot was very accurate and the grip small despite 10+1 of America’s cartridge.
    Yes. Grip size is not outrageous as can be the case of some other designs.

Slide dimensions are the same as the 9/40. Only the length of the mag well/grip is stretched to accommodate the longer cartridge.

I'm hoping (but not going to hold my breath) that an X grip module is on the way. That grip with a manual safety would be a nice carry piece.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Because of this thread, I decided to give my PX4 the day off and dug out my full-size M&P45 1.0. It's an old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal320 View Post
    No love for the PPQ.45?
    Well, I do love mine, with TruGlo TFX Pro night sights.

Cheers,
    Dave
    Last edited by DavidS; 12-28-2019 at 12:22 PM.
    ----
    PPQ 9mm M1, PPQ 9mm M1 5", PPQ 45, P99c 9mm

Ok, so I went back to the shop and handled them all. The M&P is off the list. I’m just not digging it. The other two Glocks would probably do. I liked the G21 SF a little better than the G41, but.... it has the ambi mag release. I swore there were issues with the ambi release on the G21’s but can’t remember for sure. Can anyone refresh my memory please?

User Tag List