Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chemical Guys car care?

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    I hear STI is the new hotness....
    It is, but they need to work a sweet advertising deal with a shitty forum owner. HINT: I will accept goods, no need for cash.
    #RESIST

Just bought some new stuff to try, Koch Chemie H9 and M3. I also got the new Flex XCE corded, so it's not entirely apples to apples, but the H9 on a blue (heavy cut) pad ate up all the nasty stuff on some terrible VW paint.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Just bought some new stuff to try, Koch Chemie H9 and M3. I also got the new Flex XCE corded, so it's not entirely apples to apples, but the H9 on a blue (heavy cut) pad ate up all the nasty stuff on some terrible VW paint.
    Pic of M3 or ban.

EDIT unless this was some kind of car detailing code word, in which case, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Pic of M3 or ban.

EDIT unless this was some kind of car detailing code word, in which case, nevermind.
    It's a product. If I had an M3 you bet your sweet ass there'd be a thread already. Fuck, there'd be a thread about M3's before I even went to look at it.

Koch Chemie H9.01 Heavy Cut Compound
    Koch Chemie M3.02 Micro Cut Finishing Polish
    Flex XCE 10-8 125 DA Polisher
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Anyone else have a dialed in car washing tools?

Name:  IMAG1247_r.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  68.8 KB
    "There are two ways to do most anything- right and again."

I bought my son a 14 Accord a couple of years ago that had been through car washes and such. Stored outdoors near a farmer's field so it had quite a bit of surface defects and a lot of haze. The car is black but I figured I could clean it up a little.

I know next to nothing about paint correction so I researched it a bit. Ended up buying some Mequiars stuff (clay bar kit, polish) and then some carnuba wax. I think I then bought some sort of Tech wax......polymer this and that.....and got to work.

Washed it, clay'd it, polished it, waxed it, waxed it, and then waxed it with the high tech wax.

I did it all by hand with microfiber towels and the aforementioned products.

Name:  carside.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  48.3 KB

Name:  carhood.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  23.2 KB

That's a shot of the hood....which along with the roof and trunk deck....were beyond filthy and hazed up.

I was real pleased with the results and think the clay bar kit was worth every penny. After detailing the interior I turned it over to junior.......who rarely washes it cause lazy.......so I need to get out there and do it again.

Need to send him a bill this time.

Regards.

What’s a good polish for mild scratch correction?

Name:  IMG_6764.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  79.3 KB
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    What’s a good polish for mild scratch correction?

Name:  IMG_6764.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  79.3 KB
    That’s not going to buff out.

User Tag List