Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chemical Guys car care?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Keep hearing talk of the foam cannon, is it worth it?
    No it’s not, but’s it’s certainly fun to use with a high gpm pressure washer.

My kids like the foam cannon.

I found that the pressure washer that the cannon was attached to did a pretty good job cleaning stuff off the car. I also found the hose that attached to the back of the pressure washer does a decent job. If stuff is really caked on I'll break out the pressure washer, but I don't think a foam sprayer really does anything special and it's not worth getting out the pressure washer just to use it.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

My foam cannon makes it a fuckton easier to wash a whole car safely in a short amount of time.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Fixing to pick up the Harbor Freight polisher and go to town, thanks to this thread
    I picked up the 8mm throw Bauer from Harbor Freight when it was on sale for 59.99 and ended up returning it. On mine, the counterweight didn't seem to properly balance and the vibration forced me to use more pressure than was appropriate for the minor swirls I was working with. I returned it and picked up a Maxshine M8s on Amazon for 89.99 and I've been happy with it. Paired with a Uro fiber 50/50 pad and Turtle wax hybrid ceramic, it made for an easy all in one polish/proection. Longevity remains to be seen but the Turtle wax is easy to use and remove and looks great on the car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I’m slowly building up my gear, waiting on the high end Harbor Freight polisher to go on sale again, I just missed the last sale
    #RESIST

I’m slowly building up my gear, waiting on the high end Harbor Freight polisher to go on sale again, I just missed the last sale
    Now I’m off on a tangent, searching amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Polisher-TACK.../dp/B07WTDKQZD
    #RESIST

Update: though I didn't have nearly the products I wanted, this virus forcing me to stay at home made me anxious to start with what I had on hand, which was Meguiars 105, a red pad on my HF polisher, and Colinite 845 wax. The pad and the wax are gifts from a generous forum member and much appreciated.

The vehicle was looking awful and I've made a real improvement with the chemicals and pad I have on hand, but there's still a fuck ton of scratches. I need advice on where to go from here.

Name:  C7161489-A0AA-429E-9709-47079BB9BD67.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  88.4 KB

Name:  3C167FC6-70B3-4422-96DD-115A6327B74C.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  42.0 KB
    #RESIST

I think your good man, cutting more with out the experience is asking for more problems then what it’s worth. Without being there and seeing it in person and a paint gauge your going to go too far. As TXPD said before 75% is good enough without the experience and one really quick way to need a new paint job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    I think your good man, cutting more with out the experience is asking for more problems then what it’s worth. Without being there and seeing it in person and a paint gauge your going to go too far. As TXPD said before 75% is good enough without the experience and one really quick way to need a new paint job.
    I oughta ban you, I can’t believe you’re talking me out of #BUYINGNEWSHIT. Do you not realize this is a gun forum?! WTF. I guess I’ll just continue saving for an EA Lux can then, traitor.
    #RESIST

I oughta ban you, I can’t believe you’re talking me out of #BUYINGNEWSHIT. Do you not realize this is a gun forum?! WTF. I guess I’ll just continue saving for an EA Lux can then, traitor.
    I hear STI is the new hotness....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List