View Poll Results: Do you use your turn signal in a turn-only lane?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

114 84.44%
  • No

12 8.89%
  • Mods here are shit

19 14.07%
  • What's a "turn signal"?

4 2.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Do you use your turn signal in a turn-only lane?

Poll: Do you use your turn signal in a turn-only lane?

This is muy importante, answer as if your life depends on it.
    #RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Yes.

Using a turn signal isn't a conscious decision for me.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Turn signal always.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Yes out of habit but also others on the road might not know it's a turn only lane.
    Adam

I use a turn signal to enter the turn-only lane, but I do not use the turn signal during the turn. A good example is exiting the interstate in a turn-only lane, say moving from I-40 to I-65 in Nashville. I use the signal to enter the turn-only lane, but I turn the signal OFF once I am in the exit-only lane. I then use the turn signal to merge onto I-65. I would use the turn signal if I had to exit the exit-only lane for some reason, say an emergency vehicle on the shoulder or the exit being closed.

My thought is the turn signal indicates the intent to change lanes or to change the road on which the vehicle travels. Once the vehicle is in the exit-only lane, the intent is clear.

Site Supporter
    Always use them. Always.

Lives do depend on it.

I can't stand sitting there and listening to the damn thing. #ModsHereAreShit
    #RESIST

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I engage my turn signal every time I turn. On empty rural highways, in the small roads and through-ways of my apt complex. If my wheel is going right or left, my turn signal is on to let you know, appropriately in advance of the turn.

Completely blows my mind when people do not return the favor. It takes <1 second. there is no downside to doing so.

I live on a dead-end street and I used the turn signal turning into my fucking driveway. At 3am. In a blizzard. And I asked myself WTF I was doing.

So yes, I do use my turn signal 99.99% of the time. That 0.01% that I forget requires a few minutes to mentally reset myself.

In town or changing lanes, always. My car has a camera in the passenger side mirror that activates when I turn on the passenger-side signal, which encourages me to use it. I've gotten lazier, however, to the point where if my turn is not affecting traffic (i.e. merging on an interstate, changing from one interstate to another in the designated lane for doing so, etc.) I won't use it.

User Tag List