View Poll Results: Do you use your turn signal in a turn-only lane?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

114 84.44%
  • No

12 8.89%
  • Mods here are shit

19 14.07%
  • What's a "turn signal"?

4 2.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Do you use your turn signal in a turn-only lane?

Site Supporter
    I swear drivers here in GA don't realize their vehicles are equipped with turn signals. Either that or they'd just rather make you guess what their intentions are.

I almost always use my turn signal even in a turn-only lane.
    Last edited by Robinson; 12-23-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I always use my turn signal.

However, my 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis has developed an annoyingly fast signal, it is not the normal speed the car started out with, and it does drive me nuts. If I'm stopped at a light for an extended period of time, I'll turn the signal off.
    What Farscott said. Either the people in front or behind you aren't seeing any signal. I'll be behind somebody and seeing the fast flash, and I know their front bulb is burned out.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I can't stand sitting there and listening to the damn thing. #ModsHereAreShit
    I always wonder about the people/cars I inevitably encounter on the road, those who drive along oblivious to their flashing turn signal for miles and miles. Literally the light is on/flashing and no one is home!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I swear drivers here in GA don't realize their vehicles are equipped with turn signals. Either that or they'd just rather make you guess what their intentions are.

I almost always use my turn signal even in a turn-only lane.
    I just assumed that somewhere in Tennessee there was a line and cars sold further south weren't factory equipped with turn signals.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Like much of life, it depends.

I damn near always use my turn signal if my car is moving—even pulling into my own driveway at 2am with not another soul on the road.

*However*, comma, that deal that you (LL) and others describe where you’re sitting in a dedicated, carved out lane at a light, waiting for the green arrow to permit you to turn left? I turn it off as soon as I stop, because I don't want to listen to it click either. Especially if I’m in a lane with cars stopped in front and behind me. No point in suffering.

I voted the shit mod party line, btw.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Why don't people use their rear defrost when they should?
    #RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I turn it off as soon as I stop, because I don't want to listen to it click either.
    I can't stand sitting there and listening to the damn thing.
    Is the 8 track player in your car busted or what?

You guys probably won't be enthralled with this if you are annoyed by your own turn signal noise (skip to about 43 seconds in):

Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Why don't people use their rear defrost when they should?
    Because they’re broken. Both the defrost, and the drivers. Otherwise they would.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Is the 8 track player in your car busted or what?

You guys probably won't be enthralled with this if you are annoyed by your own turn signal noise (skip to about 43 seconds in):

That is awesome. I should do that with my ‘86 town car and "breaking the law" by Judas Priest. That would be some ironic shit, right there.

You know what I hate? The seat belt buzzer in my wife’s jeep. That thing comes on and starts dinging in my left ear the minute the car starts to roll—I get it: seat belts save lives. But not while pulling from one parking space to the loading zone to pick up or drop off gear, and not pulling forward in line at a gas stop.

2 tons of iconic, American, bad-ass "trail rated," forge-36-inches-of-water muscle and freedom on 4 knobby-tired wheels, and the thing nannies my behavior like a 23-year old gender studies grad student. Freedom™️ my ass.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 12-23-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Is my wife in the car?

Site Supporter
    I can't stand sitting there and listening to the damn thing. #ModsHereAreShit
    +1
    If I'm in a turn lane with nobody behind me, turn signal is on.
    If I'm in a lane of traffic with no turn lane, turn signal is on.
    If when somebody pulls behind me in a turn lane, turn signal turned off.
    When the light goes green for my turn, turn signal on.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List