View Poll Results: Do you use your turn signal in a turn-only lane?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

114 84.44%
  • No

12 8.89%
  • Mods here are shit

19 14.07%
  • What's a "turn signal"?

4 2.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Poll: Do you use your turn signal in a turn-only lane?

WA Supreme Court just ruled that turn signals are mandatory, even in turn only lanes.
    (@SidheShooter...)

Court: Turn signals always required ... in Washington
    The Washington state Supreme Court has unanimously ruled that drivers must use their signal every time they turn or change lanes on a roadway.

Thursday’s ruling reverses a Court of Appeals ruling that said a signal is required only when public safety is affected.

The high court ruled that the plain language of the law requires drivers “to ensure turns and lane changes are done safely and with an appropriate turn signal."
    I think "only when public safety is affected" might have been a tad vague...
    Last edited by Drang; 12-26-2019 at 11:45 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Sometimes, but not always.

In my state the law requires drivers on streets, highways and public vehicular areas to signal before starting stopping or turning from a direct line if another vehicle may be affected. Changing lanes is a turn requiring a signal under this provision of law.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

So.... Currently I'm in Seoul SK doing the deployed Marine thing... Turn signals are optional here it appears. Had to run a convoy of busses, cargo trucks, vans and SUVs from near the DMZ into Seoul. I almost murdered this entire country... Stop living up to the stereotypes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    TGS Thanks for the encouraging comment on local traffic as compared with your experience elsewhere. This motorcade that you lead for a week in Nashville, was this a private affair, or was it working as a LEO assignment? Before living here I resided in Georgia and travelled Atlanta pretty much daily and found it to be much more "driver-friendly".
    Working as a LEO, all over the city area including that relatively nasty section that was under construction on the SW side a few months ago.

I used to think DC/NOVA was bad when I was in the Marines, and then I left the Marines at got posted in NY. The stress levels for both my wife and I went down significantly when we moved back to the DC area, it's child's play here compared to NYC area, and Nashville wasn't even in the same league compared to DC.

The TN Trooper I was paired with had previously worked on a federal detail in DC, and his thoughts aligned with mine.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Didn't vote.

It is a longstanding (30 years I have been driving) that any use of turn signals is a sign of weakness. Only prey would telegraph intentions. Predators with road rage seek out prey, not other predators.

I tend to use them, and was especially conscious when driving a marked unit on day/swing shift, because during that period of work traffic complaints seem to abound. BUT the 2013 Explorer Police Interceptor did things with the turn signal that was just....wierd.The vehicles' programming was trying to help with the control of the signal I am sure for Safety and Convenience &#0153. Fortunately the Interceptor in queston has been reassigned to[ironic] bike patrol[/ironic] and Ford seems to have abandoned the concept. The newer Interceptors seem to have reverted to a simpler, more intuitive manner of use.

In all seriousness, I have three teens in the house, and the wife insists I set the example as prey, but I insist on my right and ability to contest the categorization as "prey", with threatened and actual violence.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 12-27-2019 at 05:35 PM.

I'll just say that I use a turn signal to convey my intentions, never to ask for permission.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I'll just say that I use a turn signal to convey my intentions, never to ask for permission.
    And I will only use my truck mounted Bushmaster 25mm to convey how signals should be used, never out of anger.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

There is a special place in Hell for people who don’t use their turn signal - right next to guys like Epstein, Gacy, and Bundy.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List