Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher - on Netflix

The Witcher - on Netflix

I first became aware of the book series after playing the Witcher 3 RPG, which was excellent. Three episodes in, and I am finding this very well done. For those looking for a good Medieval/Fantasy series to watch, look no further.

Beginning was OK.

Later... what is it with: idiots in a war zone walking around unarmed by choice, Witchers only weapon is a longsword. Historically knives & daggers were carried for FUT.

Hard to follow.
    #RESIST

This must have been a challenging story to adapt to film. Only had time to watch the first episode so far. It is better than I was expecting it to be, doesn't look like they are doing much to get non book/game people up to speed though.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Hard to follow,
    The storytelling jumps backwards and forwards in time and it's not always apparent what time frame you're watching. The pieces begin to come together around episode five, but until then, it's kind of confusing.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Yeah I gave it a try but since I've never read the books and have no desire to, I found it hard to follow and just uninteresting.

Vending Machine Operator
    I am really enjoying it but I've got a leg up having read the books and played the game exhaustively.

In my roughly 25 years of gaming the game was one of the very best I've ever played, superior to most movies in story and lore, so I'm happy to let the show find its legs for a second.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    The storytelling jumps backwards and forwards in time and it's not always apparent what time frame you're watching. The pieces begin to come together around episode five, but until then, it's kind of confusing.
    Kinda like the books. The stories aren’t entirely linear, and it doesn’t always tell you when it’s jumping around. Don’t have Netflix, but I do like the books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    We finished the first season today. All-in-all, we enjoyed the series and are looking forward to more episodes.

But the constant jumping around in time got irritating after a while. Sometimes the jumps fill in pieces of the backstory, other times it seems more like a "monster of the week" episode that didn't appear to connect with anything. I hope the following seasons have a more traditional structure.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I’m trying to get through this series, but it’s honestly not that good, even if I disregard all of the back and forth timeline jumping.
    #RESIST

User Tag List